Connors 232
Federer 228

Grand slam appearance
Fabrice Santoro 70
Federer 48

Grand slam consecutive straight appearance
Wayne Ferreira 56
Federer 48

those are some of the records he will break soon....what others you think he can surpass before he retires...having in mind that he will for sure play until he's 36 or 37....i'm guessing...he's 10 wins away from 800 wins....let's say 5 others years with a minimum of 50 wins....he's at 1050 wins..that would place him 3rd behind Jimmy Connors 1,242 wins
and Ivan Lendl 1,070wins..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really want him the have the most wins at every slams....he owns the AO with 59 wins..he's tied at 4th place with Bjorg at 49 for the french open..Guillermo Vila is first with 56...59 wins at wimbledon he need 85 wins to surpass connors...and it will be hard at the us open to surpass connors 98 wins..roger has 61....but the best percentage W-L

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
i doubt federer will play until 36-37. 33-34 (at most 35) is more like it. i don't think he'll break santoro's record and i hope he doesn't btw.

·
Registered
29,207 Posts
Total weeks at #1. Dumbass Soderling to beat him at that RG. :(

Reactions: MTwEeZi

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another YEC he will be first with 6 titles...

another Australian OPEN would would put him with 5 titles at 3 different slams..

another wimbledon tied Sampras 7 titles

another hardcourt titles he's tied with Agassi 46 titles

what else...??

oh i forgot....another final at the french and australia would put him with at least 6 finals at every slams....unbelievable..

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I imagine he will maintain a positive H2H with Djokovic and rectify the Murray H2H. Rafa is a lost cause however.

Djokovic has barely beaten Fed at slam level this year if you think about it - Nole lost 1 and barely scraped through another, so it's not exactly like he's going to give up on that stat.
Already forgot about straight set win over Fed @ AO? And he got 3 wins out of last 4 meetings against Fed at a slam level. :wavey:

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
I imagine he will maintain a positive H2H with Djokovic and rectify the Murray H2H. Rafa is a lost cause however.

Djokovic has barely beaten Fed at slam level this year if you think about it - Nole lost 1 and barely scraped through another, so it's not exactly like he's going to give up on that stat.
Nole also beat him in Australia :sad:

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Consecutive slam appearances so none of the next few grand slams is turned into a total borefest.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'd like him to be the first player to win 20 something slams.
Also I'd like him to break Santoro's record, but just because that means he'll have to play until hes 35 :)

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Retirement slam

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
233 Grand Slam wins for Jimbo, not 232

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Grand Slam semi- finals
Connors 31
Federer 29

Grand slam Quarter finals
connors 41
Federer 34

Match wins
Connors 232
Federer 228

Grand slam appearance
Fabrice Santoro 70
Federer 48

Grand slam consecutive straight appearance
Wayne Ferreira 56
Federer 48

those are some of the records he will break soon....what others you think he can surpass before he retires...having in mind that he will for sure play until he's 36 or 37....i'm guessing...he's 10 wins away from 800 wins....let's say 5 others years with a minimum of 50 wins....he's at 1050 wins..that would place him 3rd behind Jimmy Connors 1,242 wins
and Ivan Lendl 1,070wins..
Longevity records have never been that cool. Another record Santoro has: Most ATP career losses

The others will probably go to him too unless something spectacular happens.

Only thing I'd like for Federer is maybe an Olympic singles title just to complete the resume. Then he should retire at 32 or so

The important record he'd want himself is that final week as nr1 so he can pass Sampras. But alas Soderling saw to that same time he killed his GS semi streak as it allowed Nadal to pass just one week short of it. Probably haunts Federer still but it kept him motivated and that counts for everything

1 - 20 of 31 Posts