Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a number of young players that are close breaking into the top 100 for the first time and a number of players who have been in the top 100 before with oppertunities to get back in by the end of the year. Which of those players do you think have the best chances to get in?

jeremy chardy
marc gicquel
daniel gimeno traver
martin klizan
rainer schuettler
horacio zeballos
alejandro falla
cedrik marcel stebe
vasek pospisil
teymuraz gabashvili
thomas schoorel
benoit paire
simone bolelli
andreas beck
pablo carreno busta
evgeny donskoy
richard berankis
james ward
lauryanis grigelis

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Chardy=No. That Shanghai 115 he has to defend will come back to bite him.

Gicquel=No, I think he's going to finish around 105.

Gimeno-Traver=I'll say yes, because I think he'll turn it around in the clay challengers he's playing.

Klizan=No.

Schuettler=Yes.

Zeballos=Yes.

Falla=No.

Stebe=He should with as little as he has to defend. I think he will, especially if he wins this week.

Pospisil=No, I think he'll finish just outside in the 101-110 range.

Gabashvili=I hope so, but no.

Schoorel=Yes.

Paire=Yes, probably should say no with his lack of consistency, but I expect him to do enough and again, he has little to defend.

Bolelli=No. :sad:

Beck=Maybe, zero to defend and he's consistently done well in challengers. Also expect a good run in an indoor ATP event potentially.

Carreno-Busta=No.

Donskoy=No.

Berankis=No.

Ward=No.

Grigelis=No.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
None of those mugs are top 100 material.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
So that would be DGT, Schuettler, Zeballos, Stebe, Schoorel, Paire, Beck as yes, or at least having the potetial to do so. I think guys like Kamke, Kukushkin, Capdeville, Golubev and Haider-Maurer will fall out by the years' end. Unfortunately I think Istomin will finish top 100, but it would be great if he falls out also. Other guys like Gil, Prodon and Machi Gonzalez will likely find their ways back into the top 100 or stay right around 100.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I don't think Dimitrov has clinched a top 100 spot, either. He'll need to win some matches during the indoor season to do so.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
jeremy chardy - nah, isn't fit enough
marc gicquel - nah, will probably finish just outside it.
daniel gimeno traver - depends on if he reaches form. He's good enough, but is he good enough.
martin klizan - nah
rainer schuettler - yeah, seems to be back in form
horacio zeballos - yeah
alejandro falla - depends, he's probably good enough, but not consistent enough.
cedrik marcel stebe - yeah
vasek pospisil - nah, will probably finish just outside it
teymuraz gabashvili - nah, isn't playing well enough
thomas schoorel - maybe
benoit paire - maybe
simone bolelli - nah, isn't playing well enough
andreas beck - maybe
pablo carreno busta - nah
evgeny donskoy - nah
richard berankis - nah, unless he hits his straps
james ward - nah
lauryanis grigelis - nah

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Stebe, Carreno and Pospisil are future top 100 player for sure, though that doesn't mean they will finish this year inside.

Schoorel, Berankis, Chardy and Beck belongs to top 100 either. Bolelli too, but as Chardy they have to face mental issues that are sadly destroying their career. Those two could struggle a long time outside the top 100. If Berankis and Beck stay fit, they'll be again in the top 100 in 12 months.

Some young guns like Klizan (well he isn't anymore a young gun), Donskoy or Grigelis may also be able to reach it in the future, they have some potential, but in my opinion, they still have to prove they can be consistant top 100 player (I know that Klizan should quickly be inside, but still he has to prove he has the level to keep his ranking).

Gicquel, Schuettler, I don't think that you'll see them anymore very long in the top 100, even near the top 100. End is close for them.

I don't think that James Ward has the level for the top 100, neither has Zeballos.

I don't know for Benoit Paire, I would love to see him into the top 100. The guy is just crazy.

·
A happy person
44,895 Posts
I'm quite sure about Gimeno Traver, Falla and Schoorel, maybe also Stebe, Gabashvili, and maybe Berankis if he finds his form finally.

But any of them have chance, never knows which tournament helps them to find good tennis and gives self-confidence. :angel:

·
Registered
345 Posts
i am a good friend with laurynas so I must say he is one of future top 100..

Also PCB is a good material,and Paire of course

1 - 12 of 12 Posts