Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Another thread about Martina.. why??? Well i just read some thoughts on her lost to Petrova and look what she said!

"I think I play better than I used to two years ago, but it's not enough anymore...the girls are very strong these days," Hingis said.

Yeah the girls are very strong these days, no question about it, But Hingis´s game has come in a severe decline, her shots are not having either the pace, the spin or the angles she used to hit couple of years back. I believe she reached a great level from the end of 2000 to the start of 2001, i remember her playing Serena at the AO, and she really could move the ball around especially with that forehand which was the "?" Q mark for her,but its the shot which is killing her right now, no pace, no dept, very attackable, and not to mention her serve.
Her serve has never been a great one, but basically she is not even looking for placement on her serve or something.

Service and Forehand tecnique should be being worked really hard for her, maybe start to play her matches going for a lot, and try to develop a hard hitting game, i mean come up with something different, she is playing the same game that a year ago made her lose 3-6 2-6 to Serena at Usopen, or 2-6 2-6 to Dementieva in Moscow.

How come she say she is playing better than she has ever done? Is she lol? i don´t think so.

If she can come up with a better thinking and realise what her weaknesses are and have a better training or something she could come back, but unless she does, she will start losing to players she would have trashed before, players are improving, Hingis is not.

I want to end this wishing Martina a Happy Birthday and hope her to get better on each deparment each day. Vamos Martinina :wavey:

·
Registered
297 Posts
number 5 Daniel:D

Martina seems to be a little in denial but maybe the fact that she realises she has to improve will make her work harder!

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
pfffff carlos i am going to hit you, *slap*

She needs some time ok??? Please, remeber she a human person and not a goddess, so she can't win all the time.

*kiss* ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Daniel, she should be someone of the caliber of Nadia every time by the same score she lost. It just isn't acceptable ESPECIALLY if you are a Martian. She has had plenty of time to come back. Her forehand and her serve are now liabilities, and in today's game you just can't afford that. It isn't that she doesn't have the talent, she just doesn't work hard enough to correct the technical errors in her forehand/serve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really want to see the match with Petrova to figure out what exactly happend. :mad:

I don't know why she said those statement. I know most girls have improved,.. but no way most of them can beat 'the old Martina' whatever years ago.

Outside top 10 girls, actually they have no chance to beat the Martina when she won AO 1999, Finalist AO2000. NO WAY!

What she should have now is decent coach. I think her mother, Melanie is ruining Martina's career since 1998. When Martina wanted to be independent from her and she should have let Martina free and remained as a assistant. And both became blinded by the others who never understan her game.

Martina, get a decent coach.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
*sigh*

yeah sure she is gong the same way as her friend Anna.

Thanks for your words :kiss:

*sigh*

·
Registered
326 Posts
She just needs to work harder on her game. She can't expect her opponents to hand her matches. Nothing's free these days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hingis...technicial errors? not really if shes confident, on a good day her entire game is amongst the cleanest out there from a technical perspective!

mental ,yes..overcomeable...definately! dont foret she lost to Dementieva here by the same score last year and by aus open she sure showed every1!!!!!

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
go martina

1 - 12 of 12 Posts