Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could construct the world's sportsmen, what would they look like? How would they think? How would they move?

The idea was prompted by the association of Tennis Professionals, who commissioned the broadcaster and former player Andrew Castle, and Dr David Fewtrell, senior lecturer in sports biomechanics at the University of Central Lancashire, to build an ideal male player from the best attributes of players currently active on the ATP Tour.

ANDREW CASTLE - :rolleyes:

I also think they should have mental control section. Go to the telegraph link below if you're interested what was picked for other sports.

What do you think?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/11/20/nosplit/soperf120.xml

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you could construct the world's sportsmen, what would they look like? How would they think? How would they move?

The idea was prompted by the association of Tennis Professionals, who commissioned the broadcaster and former player Andrew Castle, and Dr David Fewtrell, senior lecturer in sports biomechanics at the University of Central Lancashire, to build an ideal male player from the best attributes of players currently active on the ATP Tour.

ANDREW CASTLE - :rolleyes:

I also think they should have mental control section. Go to the telegraph link below if you're interested what was picked for other sports.

What do you think?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/11/20/nosplit/soperf120.xml
btw, it's kinda looks like tsonga...:confused:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Nothing from Nalbandian? Guess he has everything but is not the better in none of thems.
Nalbandian has better tactics and backhand then Murray and Gasquet respectively and I don't think that's all bias talking; doesn't matter though, completely stupid article, picture, and apparently this mug Castle is pretty dumb too!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I think, undoubtedly you would want Karlovic's serve (then again maybe they have taken into consideration his height which is why he was left out). Also, probably not Gonzalez's forehand. They should have included return of serve and volleys also.

I can't believe they commissioned research for something as stupid as this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts