Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's obvious, but, Roger def. Pete... I love Pete though!!!!!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Hmm....maybe not a BIG upset, but I really enjoy when Magnus Norman defeated at quarterfinals(or 4th round, I'm not sure) to Hewitt at AO 2000.
I think that it wasn't a sooo big upset, because Lleyton wasn't at the #1 spot nor the level that he's now, but I consider it kinda upset, because Magnus was almost unknown and he had just been a surprise at quarterfinals already, and everybody thought that Hewitt was gonna beat him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine would be probably Guga winning French Open in 97 when he beat Bruguera in the final he was ranked #66 and only 20 so it was never expected to even make quarters let alone the final and win it. And also i think Goran Ivanisevic when he beat Rafter at wimby many thought rafter would win and it was a good match..although i do wish rafter won it

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Hicham kicking Rogers arse at RG. It was a surprise for many, but not for me.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
when Juanqui upset Alex to reach his first ever GS Semifinal at RG 2000 :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cnas winnig Canada after beating Safin, Haas, Federer and Roddick!!!!

Schrichapan making the semis of Paris and beating agassi at wimby!!!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Nothing could surpass the excitment of the Roland Garros 1997. That was just out of this world! :eek:

And maybe Safin´s first showtime, when he beat Agassi and Guga in Roland Garros 1998. Anyone who watched both the matches know what I´m talking about.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
alex beating pete sampras in DC on grass after coming from 2 sets down

Do you remember when Goran lost in Wimbledon in first round against a british player who was part time player outside top 500

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Marat beating Lleyton in Paris is IMO not really an upset. I expected him to kick his arse. Was a great match though.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Michael Stich's 2 first-round losses at Wimbledon against Shelton and Eltingh, both in straight sets. :bounce: :D

Michael Chang beating Ivan Lendl at FO 1989 was fun as well. :)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Ilhame said:
Marat beating Lleyton in Paris is IMO not really an upset. I expected him to kick his arse. Was a great match though.
That is right! I also expected him to do so, but as Lleyten is the word number 1 :rolleyes: , it is seeing as an upset, as Marat beat the number 1 in straight sets and one set to 0.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Davis cup AUS v BRA
Clay
Lleyton def Kuerten :eek:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hehehe

1 - 20 of 55 Posts