Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everywhere I seem to go, I am reading some bullshit about jinxes :rolleyes:

Linda, I love you, but this gloom and doom about a potential matchup with Simon and the clown brigade known as Rafa's draw was a bit unnecessary :shrug:

Also, the gamblers, vbettors, and many other places as well.

People, this is a message board. The things we type on here have ZERO to do with how X match plays out between player Y and Z.

That is all.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I know some people do it so that if the loss does occur it is easier to get over it and if they win then it feels better. This only really makes sense if the opponent is decent enough to take them out though.

Gamblers are just paranoid about their money but I always get a good laugh from their posts. :lol:

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts
None of it is meant to be taken literally, is it? It's not like any amount of debate will influence an outcome over which you have no control. Don't people just kind of blow off steam on messageboards in between matches? :shrug:

You are not your normal cheery self with this post, Jonathan. That's no bueno.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
It is just crap.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Maybe it would help you to look at it as poking fun. I know I post the "good bye Rafa" as a tongue-in-cheek response to the "Nadal has a horrible game and no talent whatsoever" drones.

Completely harmless stuff.

·
Your visions will happen
48,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just think its stupid and a waste of time and/or effort.

Say what you mean all the time and dont say something because you think it will jinx a player you dont like :rolleyes:

My two cents.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
That reminds me of what happened to one of my classmates: as an excuse for arriving late to orchestra rehearsal, he told our director that his aunt had gotten in a car accident. Of course, you know what happened next: in the middle of rehearsal, he got a text saying his aunt had gotten seriously injured in a car accident. :rolleyes: He then blamed himself for causing the accident. double :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Nadal will triple bagal Tsonga 6-3 6-3 6-3. :devil:

·
Registered
24,776 Posts
yes i especially don't understand some fedtards, saying the AO is for nadal to lose from the beginning when he cleary was/is not in good form :rolleyes:, i don't think roger needs these anti-jinx, he is sure to win, i wonder whether why some of his fans are so lack of confidence :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Blaze, don't take it so seriously. It's all in good sport.

Cheer up. Your man's a whisker from his greatest performance ever.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Blaze, don't take it so seriously. It's all in good sport.

Cheer up. Your man's a whisker from his greatest performance ever.
yeah...it's just a message board. Coming to MTF with the intention of having a serious debate with 90% of posters is like arguing politics with Republicans or talking about the Chinese government with those of Chinese descent--they simply don't know what they're talking about. All in good fun. If you didn't believe in the jinxes, then you wouldn't be making this thread, now would you?

·
Registered
9,170 Posts

Linda, I love you, but this gloom and doom about a potential matchup with Simon and the clown brigade known as Rafa's draw was a bit unnecessary :shrug:

People, this is a message board. The things we type on here have ZERO to do with how X match plays out between player Y and Z.

That is all.
Print this out and put it on a poster in huge bolded letters :worship:

This post should be a sticky.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts

That is all.
OMG, are you kidding!!!!!!!! You mean I can't sad smilie Nadal all the way to the title? :rolleyes:

This is the second time this week someone has told me how I should be posting on this forum :) Nothing encourages me to maintain the status-quo more.

Maybe it would help you to look at it as poking fun. I know I post the "good bye Rafa" as a tongue-in-cheek response to the "Nadal has a horrible game and no talent whatsoever" drones.
I'm concerned this wasn't more obvious.

·
Your visions will happen
48,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG, are you kidding!!!!!!!! You mean I can't sad smilie Nadal all the way to the title? :rolleyes:

This is the second time this week someone has told me how I should be posting on this forum :) Nothing encourages me to maintain the status-quo more.

I'm concerned this wasn't more obvious.
:rolleyes:

I'm not telling you how to post here, I'm just commenting on how you post. That's why its my 2 cents, not worth much, take it or leave it.

Don't some people here bet on their favourite player's opponent winning to jinx the other player?:D
Yeah, which is the stupidest thing here. If its vcash, who gives a crap, but if its real money, then :retard:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts