Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought recently from Austrian ORF TV a very rare match between James Blake and Vincent Spadea from Vienna 2002. It was the match described by Vincent in his book when James accused Spadea of unsportsmanship when he took toilet break during the second set. It cost me 100 Euro but what a rarity!

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
I wouldn't pay 100 Euros for sure, I prefer watching live matches. But I respect your
determination.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have bought recently from Austrian ORF TV a very rare match between James Blake and Vincent Spadea from Vienna 2002. It was the match described by Vincent in his book when James accused Spadea of unsportsmanship when he took toilet break during the second set. It cost me 100 Euro but what a rarity!
You CANNOT be serious... :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
100 Euro is a little excessive. I have some rare matches in my collection such as Kuerten - Mirynyi from US Open 2001 or such, Nadal - Gimelstob from China Open 2005, Ferrero - Hewitt TMC 2002 or so and others, but I have never paid more than $15 for a match.

·
Premium Member
9,920 Posts
Isner vs Tommy Haas RG 2013 .

$1,000,000

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
A big fat 0, you can find everything on the internet these days.
Unfortunately, this isn't true. I would be ready to pay well over 100 € for a couple of biathlon race and also some tennis matches.

Depends what one want to do with his money, some may consider this stupid, i consider what a lot of people do with their money to be beyond stupid.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,381 Posts
$30, max $50 (AUD)

I understand some are rare, well pre tennistv stuff or outer courts..

·
Premium Member
9,920 Posts
$30, max $50 (AUD)

I understand some are rare, well pre tennistv stuff or outer courts..
I can't believe the French Open man.

Us Open, Wimbledon, Australian etc, can all be found somewhere, but French Open has a monopoly over some of the best tennis matches

·
Registered
370 Posts
Maximum I have paid? €0... Maximum I would pay? €200 or thereabout... This applies not only to tennis matches but also to rare movies, documentaries, archival footage, as well as to other kinds of collector items such as rare books, board games, video games... Now, I don't what that match would be but it would have to be a very memorable or high-profile match involving my fave player. Until now, I haven't been in the position to look for a match, really wanting it and only finding the option to buy it. But considering the length of a grand slam tennis match and the replay value, it would be a no-brainer for me as long as I was convinced that waiting for it to appear for free was not a reasonable/realistic option. After all, experiences and memories are priceless...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
wow, how did you do that? did you simply get in touch with ORF and ask them?

and: would you be willing to share the match privately (for example uploading it to a private torrent tracker) or do you want to keep it since you paid such an amount of money?

·
Registered
27,177 Posts
Anyone have Hass vs Big Kei IW 2014?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts