Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Because of this quarantine, I use this period to watch some highlights and continue to live tennis everyday. Normally, this week is for Madrid Open and the following for Roma Masters.

Between 2010 and 2019, for you, what is the best edition of Roma Masters and why?

Difficult to say, may be the first Masters title of Zverev in 2017? The unbeatable Djokovic in 2011? Complicated to choose one particular moment. And you?

Stay safe!

·
|
15,485 Posts
2019 was the most historical, it featured the first bagel ever recorded in a tennis match between Rafa and Djokovic!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
2019 was the most historical, it featured the first bagel ever recorded in a tennis match between Rafa and Djokovic!
Nearly happened against Nadal in MC final 2013 on clay, first set. 5-0 40-15 and then advantage Djokovic. Never forget that.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course. Unfortunately, even if Djokovic had very tired, he succeed to take one set to Nadal.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
None of the editions was world-bending, what great matches do you recall? Fognini or Seppi matches on Pietrangelli, Fognini-Thiem in 2018, Thiem-Nadal in 2017, Djokovic-Nadal and Nishikori in 2016.

I'd go with 2011. Strongest year quality-wise with 2012 overall and it showed even in Rome.

Djokovic-Nadal final was great, the Serb's level out of this world. I'll take higher quality straight set deal over crappy 3 setter like 2018 or 2019 final.

Djokovic-Murray SF was the highlight of the tournament, still Murray's best match on clay for me.

These two matches beat any other latter matches from other editions. Pre-QF phase had Fred-Gasquet and my favourite, low confidence Nadal coming out of Madrid loss vs Lorenzi. What a mess this match was.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Not the best but clearly the most frustrating was 2015. Federer was toying his way through to the finals and then played like a huge mug against Djokovic again...

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
The year King of Clay, Clayray, won. 2016 was it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts