Mens Tennis Forums banner

What is in the Future for Dominic Thiem?

• He will not win any more tournaments

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Winning some 250's

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Winning some 500's

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Winning a Masters 1000

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Winning multiple Masters 1000's

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Winning one Grand Slam

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Winning Multiple Grand Slams

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • A brush in the top 50

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Top 30-40

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Top 20-30

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Top 10-20

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • #1 Etcs.

Votes: 26 38.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 has had Dominic Thiem burst onto the tennis scene.

The kid is on a major upswing atm. Not only is his tennis a joy to watch, but he has the stuff to beat at least the top 20, if not top 10.

That said what is next for the young star what is in his future?

What should be his next plan of action with training? Does he need to pull Dimitrov and get really fit? Has he hit his peak?

Etc. Discusss

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
He's already on the march to #1

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
The one who'll bitch Dimugtrov left and right in future and leave macedonians in ruins :drool:
This seems likely. Dimitrov better fluke a slam Roddick style before Thiem catches up :shrug:

I'm sticking with my prediction of world number one and at least five slams.

·
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poll should be multiple choice soon :)

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
The one who'll bitch Dimugtrov left and right in future and leave macedonians in ruins :drool:
Newcomer's obsession with Dimitrov grows bigger every day. Is there a single thread that he has not mentioned him? :lol:

It's hard to tell with Thiem, he has talent but I don't see anything really special about him. I can see him reaching the top 10 and upsetting big players from time to time but a GS may be a step too far.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Newcomer's obsession with Dimitrov grows bigger every day. Is there a single thread that he has not mentioned him? :lol:

It's hard to tell with Thiem, he has talent but I don't see anything really special about him. I can see him reaching the top 10 and upsetting big players from time to time but a GS may be a step too far.
so as dimugtrovtards' obsession with me and my posts :angel::angel::wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Top10, 1-3 Major champ like Hewitt nothing more.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
For a second I thought, looking at the title, that he'd actually won something.

Over. Hyped.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
so as dimugtrovtards' obsession with me and my posts :angel::angel::wavey::wavey:
No-one would take any notice of you if you didn't mention Dimitrov in every single thread. You're obsessed with him, we all get it. ;)

This is a thread about Thiem and you used it to make a dig at Dimitrov. Why not try discussing Thiem or can your brain not handle talking about anyone other than Dimitrov?

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he will be better than dimitrov imo, but lets see how he goes. he has improved a lot already this season, looking forward to see what he can do in MS and GS main draws from now on

·
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brand new poll!!!!

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Greatness

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I like Thiem a lot. The backhand is beautiful and I'm so happy there's a young guy with a one hander and non-diva attitude to cheer for. Anyone who reads his social media posts knows the guy has a great outlook and is working very hard to improve. His great insight and forthcoming nature is enough to propel him near the top of my favorite young guns list.

I can definitely see a top 10 future for him, and considering the other up and comers in his generation I see absolutely no reason he couldn't achieve big things. Really, once the current top 8 has declined, who else is there? I'm a huge Raonic fan but I don't see him dominating the field five years from now. Nishikori has a hard time staying fit. Dimitrov maybe but it's not like he's going to win everything. There will be room for Thiem near the top, provided he stays healthy. Will he win a slam? I'm not confident to predict that yet. Let's see him win a title and get a top 10 win first.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts