• Grassray In 5

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quality of the fields, how the tournaments are regarded, walkovers, history, past winners.

I say Fed just edges it, but one more Queens should do it for Murray, when he goes ahead of Roddick, Becker, Laver and McEnroe as the Queens GOAT.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
lol, you must be stopped! :rolls:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
It depends on who you consider tougher to beat, Karlovic and Seppi, or Troicki and Anderson.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The grass at Halle is a joke, Murrays playing in a better country on a better surface at a better tournament.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Quality of the fields, how the tournaments are regarded, walkovers, history, past winners.

I say Fed just edges it, but one more Queens should do it for Murray, when he goes ahead of Roddick, Becker, Laver and McEnroe as the Queens GOAT.
What Murray did today blew me away. He had to come out and play two thirds of a match against TROICKI first. Then 3 hours later sends Anderson home like he was nothing. He was getting Andersons 140 mph serves back and winning. Where other players couldn't even reach them.

In terms of history and prestige. I would say MURRAY WITH FOUR QUEENS. Is at least on a par. Federer is a MONEY GRABBER. The word is the reason he always plays HALLE and has never played QUEENS. Is because they grovel to him more over there and pay a lot more than Queens. AFTERALL Federer is basically half GERMAN. With his father being German Swiss.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Queen is just like the Premiere League. A 2nd level tournament only considered great around London. Once Wimbledon is removed from England, we can finally forget about the past and focus on the future.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Of course Murray edges it, that's not even up to debate.

The same way Dull's victories in Madrid are nothing compared to Fed's 2 wins, including a HISTORICALLY UNIQUE win on blue clay.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It depends on who you consider tougher to beat, Karlovic and Seppi, or Troicki and Anderson.
Pretty even I would think, Karlovic has not posed much of a problem to Andy in the past, same for Anderson, who up till the final had posed big problems to every one else, quality of return beat him. Roger has fared well also against the good Dr, justthe one loss in 13 meetings.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Of course Murray edges it, that's not even up to debate.

The same way Dull's victories in Madrid are nothing compared to Fed's 2 wins, including a HISTORICALLY UNIQUE win on blue clay.
Please man. In one tournament, you had a successful businessman presenting the GOAT his trophy. In another, you had a female reporter literally begging to get it on with Andy after the match. You tell me which one is more prestigious

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Please man. In one tournament, you had a successful businessman presenting the GOAT his trophy. In another, you had a female reporter literally begging to get it on with Andy after the match. You tell me which one is more prestigious
That will all depend if Andy did indeed get it on.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I don't think either are particularly prestigious. You are having a giraffe if you think the country-club exo feeling of the beautifully coiffured QC lawns have more competitive luster than hard fought wins in the real tennis auditorium of Halle.

I guess if you really wanted to hammer out prestige....you could say that at Halle, the greatest grasscourt player of all time won 8 times. :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Wheres the Halle list? Queens list speaks for itself, this list oozes prestige, Halle oozes nothing but a joke of a tournament on horrible grass.

Most Queen's titles (modern era)

4: John McEnroe - 1979, 1980, 1981, 1984
4: Boris Becker - 1985, 1987, 1988, 1996
4: Lleyton Hewitt - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2006
4: Andy Roddick - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007
4: Andy Murray - 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015
3: Jimmy Connors - 1972, 1982, 1983

·
Registered
21,759 Posts
What Murray did today blew me away. He had to come out and play two thirds of a match against TROICKI first. Then 3 hours later sends Anderson home like he was nothing. He was getting Andersons 140 mph serves back and winning. Where other players couldn't even reach them.

In terms of history and prestige. I would say MURRAY WITH FOUR QUEENS. Is at least on a par. Federer is a MONEY GRABBER. The word is the reason he always plays HALLE and has never played QUEENS. Is because they grovel to him more over there and pay a lot more than Queens. AFTERALL Federer is basically half GERMAN. With his father being German Swiss.
What's exactly so impressive in playing 4 sets in one day with a break in between? :lol:

This happens in slams, without the break... and Murray barely played tennis yesterday so don't bring up the off day thing in slams.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Come on, man. It's Halle and it's not even close.
Is Queen's even a tennis club or just a Heathrow terminal? BBC coverage is a joke, the players are obviously tanking, the crowd is laughable, and where the hell was Pippa Middleton?

Halle means playing in front of 13,000 unbiased tennis experts who don't forgive and won't forget.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts