Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Fed vs Dal on PC

Votes: 24 96.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Federer has actually historically done better against Rafa on Phillipe Chatrier (2008 of course should never be spoke of). The one win against Novak on RLA was way back in 2007 in R4 so doesn't really mean much.

·
Premium Member
7,330 Posts
I think this match against Djoker is more NID than some of the matches against RAFA at RG.
But historucally, overall, it's reversed.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
nadal on chatrier is nigh on invincible

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Nadal on PC, I mean its pretty much a given he will beat anyone there.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Nadal vs Nole on RLA ?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Strange question.I would rather ask: Novak in AO final or Rafa in RG final?(against anyone ofc)
Fed v Djoke on Laver - 50/50
?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Strange question.I would rather ask: Novak in AO final or Rafa in RG final?(against anyone ofc)

?
still Nadal. Not only has he won substantially more there, he was also never as close to losing as Djokovic was in 2012 (although Djokovic should really have wrapped that one up in 4)
But it’s a closer comparison, I agree

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I think this match against Djoker is more NID than some of the matches against RAFA at RG.
Agree with this take. Fed probably should've beaten Rafa in either 2006/07 (or pushed each to a 5th at minimum) but he couldn't keep it together on the big points. This upcoming match is more NID than those.

That being said, over the years Rafa at RG has been the biggest mountain to climb in the sport for everyone, including Fed.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Nothing can compare to vs Nadal in PC.

Feddy on form above 30 years old is possible to beat Djokovic in RLA. I give him 50% chance. (Not on 2020 Jan condition but on 2017 condition)

Even prime Djokovic can't do shit to Nadal in PC. The 5 setter in 2013 was pure luck when Nadal was coming back from injury lacking confidence.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Nadal on PC is the ultimate feat and not even close by any measure.

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
Your probably right cause I don’t see Federer taking more than a set if he can even manage that.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
still Nadal. Not only has he won substantially more there, he was also never as close to losing as Djokovic was in 2012 (although Djokovic should really have wrapped that one up in 4)
So I guess Djokovic being up a break against Rafa in 5th set in 2013 semifinals doesn't count as being close to losing?

Djokovic actually beating Rafa in straight sets in 2015 doesn't count?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
So I guess Djokovic being up a break against Rafa in 5th set in 2013 semifinals doesn't count as being close to losing?

Djokovic actually beating Rafa in straight sets in 2015 doesn't count?
correct, it doesn’t count in this context since the question was about finals specifically :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
The 5 setter in 2013 was pure luck when Nadal was coming back from injury lacking confidence.
Yes, the 2013 was pure luck. On Nadal's side, as he should have lost that match. Only the net touch saved him.

Please, stop with the excuses. Every time Rafa loses or comes close to losing, it's because of some external factors. Why can't you just accept the fact that sometimes there's someone on the other side of the net simply playing better?

All that being said, I still voted for Rafa on PC. Nole's 2017 and 2018 losses at AO are the difference maker. No excuses.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
correct, it doesn’t count in this context since the question was about finals specifically :)
Ah, my bad. You are correct.

Nole in AO finals vs. Rafa in RG finals. Both unbeaten. But 11 > 7. One could argue that Nole had momentum in 2012 FO final when the rain stopped them, but that match wasn't as close as the 2012 AO final.

I agree.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts