against JAKUB LUSTYK in Ostrava last week:
-> Lustyk dropped from @4.8 to @1.9

against MATE DELIC in rome tomorrow:
-> Mesaros dropped from @3 to @1.6

i wouldnt be surprised if Mesaros will be @4 tomorrow morning

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
This guy is the biggest criminal out there , just remember this epic fuckery at some Croatian challenger vs prodon, where even the bookies had enough after two or three days and just didn't offer any odds for this tournament cause everything was so fishy

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
111 Posts
The guy is from a place nearby.
He was rising in rankings last years,around 240-250 really god because he isn't such qaulity.
Had him on FB,he was really into the game and rankings,really struggling and fighting.
After that some injuries and,let's say he's not motivated as before,suddenly crazy results. Really no idea what is happening,all I know that at ITF Istarska rivijera tournaments they don't offer all bets,some of them including Mesaros,he was best ranked player at all of them,and won none. Last year he won all three losing a set or two maybe.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I saw this match against this Lustyk guy and Mesaros have played some atrocious shots. Idk just because he is not a good player or something else but there is a video of the match if someone is interested. Also yes odds were fucking insane and against all logic in the world and that was the main reason i was watching - curiosity. I laughed so hard sometimes it was really weird match

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
He really has no shame

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Mesaros is definitely involved in shady stuff...he was part of the Rijeka Challenger fix which was the most blatant fixes in the history of sport. So bad in fact that bookies cancelled all bets.

10 matches were bet in Romanian and other Eastern European books, at 600-1 odds to win 40k several times. Of course 7 of the 10 won, while 3 players retired (all who were picked to win on the cards) including the match where Prodon retired against Mesaros down *6-5 30-15 in the third. Other upstanding tennis citizens on the card include Volandri and Julio Silva.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he really lacks consistence and self confidence atm...dont know whats going on. he will be at french open and wimbledon qualies but if this continues, no way he will play us open qualies...

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
he really lacks consistence and self confidence atm...dont know whats going on. he will be at french open and wimbledon qualies but if this continues, no way he will play us open qualies...
Are you with us? We're talking about fixing not form

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The weirdest part is now he went from 2.8 to 1.6 against Delic. Mesaros lost 9/10 matches while Delic has only lost to Bolelli the past two tourneys and won his other 9 matches. Makes no sense, obviously Mesaros will win now

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
I don't pay much attention to challengers, but this guy is already attaining legendary status. Pinnacle covering challengers was always likely to end up with this happening - the whole scene is like the atp 10-12 years ago, with some pretty hilarious odd drops. No subtlety at all.

Hope he gets on to the main tour later in his career, like Koellerer. Can just imagine what he'd try pull.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well odds against Lustyk were even worse. Lustyk - guy who did absolutely nothing in his career. I mean he is not even a good futures player passing only once first round in futures for whole 2014 . You kind of get expectations that odds will be something like 1.16-5.00 in Mesaros favor and then before the match a real shocker Lustyk is a favorite :eek::eek:. I m not sure but i think he never won a challanger match before this one and he is not young - he is 25. So yes something is wrong with this match. Surprises are possible but too see odds so strange? :wavey:

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Btw here is a video of the match against Lustyk: http://new.livestream.com/ATP/Ostrava2014Court1/videos/49460635
There are a lot of funny moments mostly atrocious shots by Mesaros :worship:
Amazing! That service game at *3-3 in the third was unreal, the DF for the break :eek: he was literally walking off the court as soon as he hit it

The best was the first MP Mesaros hit what he thought was a DF and was walking to the net but it was called in and Lustyk's return was out

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.