Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone thinks Nadal's game an style would be like if he had been raised and styled for hard court? Would he be as effective and incredible as he is today?

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
I was wondering what everyone thinks Nadal's game an style would be like if he had been raised and styled for hard court? Would he be as effective and incredible as he is today?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he would be better on hardcourts, and not so good on clay.

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he would be better on hardcourts, and not so good on clay.
I agree.

Time for this thread to die.

Although I would add that I still think he would be incredible. On hard courts, obviously.

·
Registered
771 Posts
What if he decided to focus on soccer?
What if his uncle made him play right-handed?
What if he decided to buy bigger underwear?

These are all important and relevant questions.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
He would still be horrible to watch

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Well, not many people know that Ferrero actually has been raised on hard and look at his clay results compared to other

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
He probably would have trouble sleeping. One does need a soft mattress to sleep soundly

Reactions: l_mac

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Well, not many people know that Ferrero actually has been raised on hard and look at his clay results compared to other
Indeed, and Federer was raised on clay, his weakest surface. Imagine if he'd grown up on hard courts.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He wasn't, so why speculate? :zzz:
Because we can, and I find it interesting. Can you imagine if his forehand had developed as a flat power shot? (Though I like his forehand the way it is. One of my favorite forehands in the game.)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
He would have won AO and USO.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts