Mens Tennis Forums banner

What do you think if his 1st final opponent was someone like philippoussis?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if murray played a fading player of the previous era in his first slam final, what do you think his career would have looked like by now? would he still been a slamless player or would he have built on his first slam win and been a different force by now? sometimes one win is all it takes and maybe murray would have liked an easier opponent in his first couple of slam finals......vote and discuss......

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
258 Posts
Stop giving the guy excuses.

We all know that Murray would have lost in the final if he was playing Oprah Winfrey.

He is not a champion unlike Nadal and Djokovic, and if you have never won a Grand Slam before, chances are you never will no matter how many finals you may or may not make.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

We all know that Murray would have lost in the final if he was playing Oprah Winfrey.

He is not a champion unlike Nadal and Djokovic, and if you have never won a Grand Slam before, chances are you never will no matter how many finals you may or may not make.
i am not even close to being his fan but i think he is slightly unfortunate to be playing in this strong era......

he had the challenge of overcoming two all time greats back to back at us open 2008 and AO 2010......that is simply a very tough ask......

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
i am not even close to being his fan but i think he is slightly unfortunate to be playing in this strong era......

he had the challenge of overcoming two all time greats back to back at us open 2008 and AO 2010......that is simply a very tough ask......
tough to say but this era is not better than any other so that excuse goes out the window. He has not played that great in Grand Slam finals but he did have some very tough opposition in Federer and Djokovic.

honestly who knows if it would make a difference. we have no idea if the reason Murray has failed is more because of himself or his opponents at this point, but I'm sure we'll figure this out in the future.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tough to say but this era is not better than any other so that excuse goes out the window. He has not played that great in Grand Slam finals but he did have some very tough opposition in Federer and Djokovic.

honestly who knows if it would make a difference. we have no idea if the reason Murray has failed is more because of himself or his opponents at this point, but I'm sure we'll figure this out in the future.
correct.....2002-2006 was filled with dog fighters at the top of the rankings.....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Why do people on here talk like it's a great shame that he has not won a slam.

For everyone else in the world it's a huge shock that he even made it past the 4th round of a Slam once, let alone made 3 Slam finals with a non-existent forehand, no second serve and no weaponry at all.

Surely everything else Murray achieves from now is just gravy because he has already done WAY more than his talent should have allowed already.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

my brain hurts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Every word comin' from SdG keyboard screams "I hate Fed". Why would anyone take this tardish-trollin' thread seriously?

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Depends on how they match up.

Murray probably would have enjoyed playing a serve-volley player with his return and passing shots so would have probably won.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
if murray played a fading player of the previous era in his first slam final, what do you think his career would have looked like by now? would he still been a slamless player or would he have built on his first slam win and been a different force by now? sometimes one win is all it takes and maybe murray would have liked an easier opponent in his first couple of slam finals......vote and discuss......
You beat whose ever in front of you! End of!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Where is Clay Warrior?! Someone is needy ...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts