Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What seems like a bad scheduling right now may look like a masterstroke in hindsight.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Its not about having a safe place to play. Its about If players will be able to travel. Arrive in country with no quarantine so they can play. Go back to home country. Stay in country with no quarantine again. If they are in equal conditions of training for at least a relative time before the first tournament. This is a world health crisis and ATP has players (and tournaments) from all the world

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I believe it will be the other way around but the French will be played anyway because bad decisions is what they are known for.

·
10,118 Posts
New York is basically on lockdown, dont expect anything probably until next year.

Edit: actually I agree with Dominator, the French Open would probably go on ahead with their plan anyway.

In fact the only person in the draw will be Nadal and they will send email to everyone saying that he has won the tournament

·
6,189 Posts
New York is basically on lockdown, dont expect anything probably until next year.

Edit: actually I agree with Dominator, the French Open would probably go on ahead with their plan anyway.

In fact the only person in the draw will be Nadal and they will send email to everyone saying that he has won the tournament
Well they only rang Nadal up to say it was postponed , so this would come as no surprise.
But the USO isn't looking good right now.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
No major tournament should be held, because of unfairness. American players may not be able to travel to Europe.

The world number one in darts, Michael van Gerwen, has stated no tournament should be held if not all players are able to compete. A more global and popular sport like tennis should behave with the same level of responsibility. (don't bother insulting darts, it's very popular in my country, Germany and the UK of course).

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
International sports like tennis are done for the 2020 . The risks and measures will still be both high and strong all year round in most countries untíl a vaccine is proven effective.

·
|
14,082 Posts
French Open is stubborn, it'll be played.
Even Rome might be played, if the rumor is true about them planning to relocate.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
i think it would be really an interesting case of conditions are well enough in europe and asia that travel is allowed again but its not under control in americas(canada, US, south america). i cant imagine that the french open would be allowed to continue if not every player who makes the cutoff is able to get there however if they did try to i do wonder how the americans, canadians and south americans would react. they wouldnt be happy for sure but i doubt there'd be anything they could do really

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Another question I am thinking about is, if RG holds one week after US Open, will they adopt tie-break for the final set?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts