Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Imagine situation that they was playing in the same era as they did, but they wasn't living in the same parallel universe.
So they would face the same opponents except the other two.

How many Grand Slams they would win each ? What would be their records ? Who would be the GOAT ?

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
All tied at 25. Parallel universe can't exist without a GOAT discussion.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is interesting to compare how many times they was stopped by each other, and count those as wins for each.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Make a new thread. If tennis was not a cup competition, but a league. Who would win most league titles?

Premier League Tennis:

-32 best players in the World
-31 home matches, 31 away matches, total 62
-Win= 2 points, loss= 0 point

·
Registered
953 Posts
It would be Fed, of course. Most of his Slam records (F, SF) would have been translated into slam titles. And he would have at least three CYGS.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Federer.

·
Rankings Master
15,886 Posts
Judging by slam finals:

Federer lost 8 finals to the other 2 (6 to Nadal, 2 to Djokovic)
Djokovic lost 5 finals to the other 2 (4 to Nadal, 1 to Federer)
Nadal lost 5 finals to the other 2 (3 to Djokovic, 2 to Federer)

From what it seems, Federer would have benefited the most without the other 2.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Probably Federer. As others pointed out, he was stopped the most by the other two in GS matches.

Also, don't underestimate the effect the Big 3 players had on each other. Djokovic said it many times that having to play Federer and Nadal time after time made him improve his game and made him the player who he is today.
I think Nadal was also forced to improve his game by playing Djoko (and getting thrashed in 2011, for example) and Fed (especially in Wimbledon). Out of the Big 3, I think Federer's game was the least affected by the others. I have a feeling
that he was playing his game no matter what the others were doing.

For example (and ironically), Djokovic would've probably had more slams if it weren't for Federer and Nadal, but would not have been as good of a player as he is today.

I say all this as a big Djokovic fan.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Probably Federer. As others pointed out, he was stopped the most by the other two in GS matches.

Also, don't underestimate the effect the Big 3 players had on each other. Djokovic said it many times that having to play Federer and Nadal time after time made him improve his game and made him the player who he is today.
I think Nadal was also forced to improve his game by playing Djoko (and getting thrashed in 2011, for example) and Fed (especially in Wimbledon). Out of the Big 3, I think Federer's game was the least affected by the others. I have a feeling
that he was playing his game no matter what the others were doing.

For example (and ironically), Djokovic would've probably had more slams if it weren't for Federer and Nadal, but would not have been as good of a player as he is today.

I say all this as a big Djokovic fan.
Fully agree with your assessment. Still amazing from both Nadal and Djokovic to be able to get up to the level though, would've been easier to throw the towel and be happy with a slam once a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts