Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murray in the QF and Stan in the SF?

With a bum wrist, up-and-down form, and no Majors currently held, could Djokovic get through Murray/Waw/Nadal to win his first French?

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Of course, he's one of the greatest players ever. If it's not like he hasn't had to go through physical matches consecutively before.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I don't see why he couldn't get through them. Nole is way superior than murray on clay, stan is unpredictable and nole has never lost to him on clay before. The big question is whether he can beat nadal in B05 on clay.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
This actually a good Thread. They havent met since AO14 so it will be interesting. Nole is recovering from wrist problems.

Stan has been up and down since. Could be a repeat 5 setter or could go donw in 3.

Either way both Rafa and Nole know one of them will pontencially get Stan.

If your a Nole fan which Swiss do you want in a SF?

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
Don't think Murray gets more than a set. But if he does somehow get 2 (imagine it being like 6-7 6-1 6-2 6-7 6-4 or something) than if Monte Carlo Wawrinka shows up next match and his wrist is hurting, that could be trouble. But surely Ferrer would be a better person to say for the QF match.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Nole (assuming he is completely healthy and fit) can easily beat both Stan and Murray at RG. Why? coz he is that good :). Simple, easy peasy.

Also, both Wawa and Murray might lose early (I hope not btw).

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
This actually a good Thread. They havent met since AO14 so it will be interesting. Nole is recovering from wrist problems.

Stan has been up and down since. Could be a repeat 5 setter or could go donw in 3.

Either way both Rafa and Nole know one of them will pontencially get Stan.

If your a Nole fan which Swiss do you want in a SF?
not any more.

second bolded part.I would say stan more unpredictable and nole has never lost to him on clay

·
Registered
4,566 Posts

With a bum wrist, up-and-down form, and no Majors currently held, could Djokovic get through Murray/Waw/Nadal to win his first French?
Ferrer is bigger threat in Bo5 at RG, so uncle Tio shall keep Murray in Rafa's half (probably in Fatherer's QF hoping to see one of them in SF) and let Nole deal with diehard Terrier in QF, but before that with Stronga(hoping for a couple of match points there), handing Wawa as easier quarter as possible to be ready for SF-rumble with Nole i.e. something similar to Madrid draw.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
:haha:

We all know Djokovic can't beat Murray in slams outside Australia.

Murray would win in 4 sets.
He can't beat Murray at Wimbledon, but either from that is another story. On clay this would be a tottaly lopsided match IMHO. And I also don't think Murray will reach the QF. :shrug:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Stan'strategy working well I guess, winning a clay title and still remaining unpredictable :lol:. If he survive the 1st week then he can pose real thread for both top 2. That's said, if he, or will he survive the 1st week ? That's a big question for uncle Toni, because he will have no chance to know who he should give to Nole, Fed or Stan? Fed can surely handle Nole but Stan also can be explosive against Nadal. On the other hand, letting Nole have Stan may as well give him a free gift to the final, if Stan somehow crumble in early rounds.
Madrid draw is a big fail since both Nole and Stan decided not to bite it, I wonder what strategy Toni will come up with this time :cool:

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Stan'strategy working well I guess, winning a clay title and still remaining unpredictable :lol:. If he survive the 1st week then he can pose real thread for both top 2. That's said, if he, or will he survive the 1st week ? That's a big question for uncle Toni, because he will have no chance to know who he should give to Nole, Fed or Stan? Fed can surely handle Nole but Stan also can be explosive against Nadal. On the other hand, letting Nole have Stan may as well give him a free gift to the final, if Stan somehow crumble in early rounds.
Madrid draw is a big fail since both Nole and Stan decided not to bite it, I wonder what strategy Toni will come up with this time :cool:
Last two years Wawa has always been there in 4R (Wimbledon's grass excluded).

AO 4R And W
FO 4R and QF
USO 4R and SF

He lost that 2013 QF against Rafa easily because completely spent after that four and half hours 4R marathon against Gasquet 6-7(5), 4-6, 6-4, 7-5, 8-6 and withdrawal from R32 in Rome because of injury before that.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts

It does not matter who he draws, he is winning this thing or die trying .. thats his mentality
Choke was his biggest enemy.. now that half his country is/was under water.. there is no such thing as choke
LionHeart+Djokovic= Nole 3.0

·
Registered
702 Posts
God I really really wish he draws Murray, so he can end up this silly debate. His worst opponent in QF would be Ferrer by far. And regarding Stan, well here is another story as you never know which Stan is showing up.

EDIT: Probably the worst draw for him would be Ferrer in QF and Federer in the semi's.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts