Mens Tennis Forums banner

What harms the tour's crediblity the most?

• Player convicted for doping winning a slam last year

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • 14 time GS winner losing 3 years in a row to players ranked lower than 100 at Wimbly

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Touted next big things without slams or titles

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Thirtysomething, past peak Fed still challenging for slams and number 1 in supposed strong era

Votes: 10 15.4%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The ATP is constantly being hailed as amazing whilst the WTA is thrown under the bus. Whilst the WTA definitely has issues, the ATP still has a few things that seriously undermine some credibility. Which of these is most detrimental to the tour?

I don't actually think Fed still challenging hurts credibility, just proves how good he is even way past his peak. It says more about him than others. Similarly, I think it has been tough for talented players to breakthrough when they have to face guys like Djokovic.

But the first two options really look bad for a supposed strong era and for a supposedly ethical tour. Damaging to say the least.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Next big things without slams or titles. But we will need to wait only a little bit to put and end to this nonsense. Kenny will be unmerciful in Roland Garros 2015, where he will defeat the Spanish moonballer in the final and in straights.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Where's the poll option for Djokovic winning Wimbledon twice? Slipped your mind? :confused:

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Jowilly starts a thread containing the word Credibility. Now thats funny.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where's the poll option for Djokovic winning Wimbledon twice? Slipped your mind? :confused:
This is a serious discussion, no trolling please.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
The lack of talented young players (relative to the Big 4 of course). There's just no one on the level of Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic amongst the current new generation.

Even though I'm hopeful for Kyrgios and Coric, I still don't think either of them will ever be as good as the current big names.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
The player convicted of doping granted fluke draws over and over again. Double the evil, double the cheat.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The lack of talented young players (relative to the Big 4 of course). There's just no one on the level of Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic amongst the current new generation.

Even though I'm hopeful for Kyrgios and Coric, I still don't think either of them will ever be as good as the current big names.
but a weaker more even era will be good for the game,late 90s to 2003 it was awesome for tennis
last year was a really interresting year imo hopefully this year is more of the same

·
Registered
27,332 Posts
I'm enjoying the implication that the ATP had any credibility in the first place.

Reactions: Phenomenadal

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
what hurts MTF's credibility more than anything?

A. Jowilly being a member
B. Nothing

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Thirtysomething old fart challenging the tour. No contest.

Good thing that the season started and JoWilly started the quality tennis analysis threats once again. No more bullshit threads. Right? Right?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Touted next big things without slams or titles.

That would be the closest thing. I think the main thing that turns people off ATP though is the lack of depth. It has a reputation, rightfully so for 'a few guys win and that's it'.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Someone cleaning up 17 Slams in Weak era ...
... then getting spanked by not only his biggest rival on almost every surface but also other players from the strong era
... but still called GOAT !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts