Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
The guy has been very unlucky with the injuries. I saw him in the stands at the Atp Antwerp in october 2019. He was there to attend the last match of Steve Darcis on belgium soil. I could see he still had a problem with his elbow and was supposed to come back in 2020. The covid changed the plans of many lower ranked players. Difficult to get news even here in Belgium

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
The guy has been very unlucky with the injuries. I saw him in the stands at the Atp Antwerp in october 2019. He was there to attend the last match of Steve Darcis on belgium soil. I could see he still had a problem with his elbow and was supposed to come back in 2020. The covid changed the plans of many lower ranked players. Difficult to get news even here in Belgium
From what I’ve heard from some other players I have contact here and there is that nobody really knows what’s gonna happen with de Loore. Guy pretty much disappeared.

Maybe he was looking for some alternatives as well since he’s quite a clever chap

Reactions: devision2002

·
15,912 Posts
He was among the belgian players who received a digital coaching training from the Tennis Vlaanderen during the first lockdown.

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
thanks a lot for the update

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
For what it's worth, his last instagram post was him on a practice court talking about a long (injury) journey and making the long trek to a comeback. Unfortunately that was right before COVID hit so whatever comeback he wanted to attempt got screwed by that.

·
Registered
294 Posts
According to a Flemish newspaper (November 12th) he had to deal with hand and wrist surgery, a persistent toe injury and a small bone in his foot that had to be removed. And then corona came in. He says he hasn't got a clue yet what his schedule for 2021 will look like, but he has taken up practising again.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I finally found some news about him, very recent on a Belgium sport site (in dutch) :
He has just been operated for the seventh time : so in a couple years, he was twice operated on the left knee, once on the right elbow, once the right toe, once the right hand, once the left wrist, once the left hip...very unlucky guy, and with no specific explanation, he says maybe he worked to pushed his body to hard when he was younger.
Anyhow, Joris is still optimistic as somewhere in his head, he still dreams about the top 100 and hope to return somewhere in 2021

Tennisser Joris De Loore na 7 operaties: "Droom nog steeds van de top 100" | Tennis | sporza

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I finally found some news about him, very recent on a Belgium sport site (in dutch) :
He has just been operated for the seventh time : so in a couple years, he was twice operated on the left knee, once on the right elbow, once the right toe, once the right hand, once the left wrist, once the left hip...very unlucky guy, and with no specific explanation, he says maybe he worked to pushed his body to hard when he was younger.
Anyhow, Joris is still optimistic as somewhere in his head, he still dreams about the top 100 and hope to return somewhere in 2021

Tennisser Joris De Loore na 7 operaties: "Droom nog steeds van de top 100" | Tennis | sporza
Man, that's tough. And what he said about pushing his body when he was younger is most likely correct. I was doing that, had about 90 cm vertical off 1 foot and 85 off two feet. But in those days (late 90s, early 2000s) there wasn't as much info overall as now and I later realized I made many mistakes. Now I got 4 surgeries on my right knee total. Feel bad for De Loore, but it's life, you gotta find another thing and put your energy in it.

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
it´s great news he is still trying!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts