Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look at his year in hindsight now, he's been uninjured and has played good tennis for the most part. So if in that final it wasn't an Injury why did he play in that way? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Wanted to give his buddy a token victory/didn't really care for some mickey mouse trophy/genuinely outplayed.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
You waited 5 months to come up with this thread?

Finals are meant to be won. He wasnt injured, at least didnt look like it and no way he tanks a final. Maybe tired because it was 1st tournament of the season.

Who knows and who cares RG is on man.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Main hypothesis is that he gave his friend a trophy. Really nice thing to do.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You waited 5 months to come up with this thread?

Finals are meant to be won. He wasnt injured, at least didnt look like it and no way he tanks a final. Maybe tired because it was 1st tournament of the season.

Who knows and who cares RG is on man.
It just came to my head now after seeing his year so far. It's the first round matches are you really that much interested in RG at the moment?

Hewitt outplayed him, it's as simple as that.
I agree. It was well deserved.

·
10,269 Posts
The Bogan army brought Hewitt to the finish line

I'm not kidding though

·
Registered
26,785 Posts
Didn't want to draw attention to his good form. I guess Federer believes in jinxing or tries to avoid it just in case. He always did that, lost to some buddy like Roddick right before AO. Only those were exhibition tournaments.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
He had Mono.. In all seriousness he never played well, compared to how he's playing now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He wasn't nothing better in MC final neither
At least in the MC final it wasnt shank after shank. Pretty good match I think anyway.

Compared to Hewitt, he had no guts in final that day.
You just can't put it down to anything. I mean was it really fatigue from the doubles? I feared it was an injury. Then he made the semis at the AO..

I mean not taking anything away from Hewitt he played great. But to me it looked like a donation. Loses to Haas in Halle. Then to Hewitt in Australia.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Same thing that happened in Halle 2012 - the superior player won.

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Nice effort from fraudett but too little, too late. Channelling evil djokovic is impossible.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
There was article about Hewitt that he is going to lose his sponsors' money / about 5 millions/ a month or so before Brisbane. They even compared Fed' career to Hewitt' career so Federer is a friend of Hewitt,Haas,Tsonga and Wawrinka. Right now Federer does not care about his ranking he has all records.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts