Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am not wrong, Darcis is still injured. Stakho, on the other hand, struggles on challenger events.

Do you think, they were punished by Tennis Gods? Or will they be back, once Wimbledon starts?

Discuss.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Just mugs than played the match of their life, that's it.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
I've heard Darcis will be back playing soon

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Stak has always been crazy inconsistent, but perfectly capable of very high level for a week or so. Nothing new there.

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
Stak has always been crazy inconsistent, but perfectly capable of very high level for a week or so. Nothing new there.
Stakhovsky's done well for someone who's mostly floated around the 50 mark, probably mostly even lower. 4 titles by the age of 24. That's not something usual. He does well when he reaches the latter stages, but that's not very often.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
^^ It's not, but when he does that, he's really playing excellent tennis, not just using some random chance of an open draw. The Zagreb title he won he played some spectacular matches, and after that he was nowhere to be seen for a looong time.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Stakhovsky is VERY inconsistent and always has been- grass is also probably his best surface, which gives him not very many chances. That said, he's not exactly vanished. He's still top 100, playing mostly ATP events, and 58 in the Race with his best part of the year to come.

Darcis has been injured pretty much constantly since.

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
^^ It's not, but when he does that, he's really playing excellent tennis, not just using some random chance of an open draw. The Zagreb title he won he played some spectacular matches, and after that he was nowhere to be seen for a looong time.
The time he beat Ljubicic? When was that, 07? I remember watching that and thinking that Ljubicic had taken this tournament for granted, thinking he'd turn up and face no challenge and he paid the price.

He can play great looking tennis, I just don't like him personally but he's a good bit of variation.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Stakhovsky being 4-0 in finals is one of the most ridiculous feats in tennis :lol:

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
2008. To me it seemed like Ljubo really had no answers. Stak was playing great ever since the Karlovic match in 2nd round or QF.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Darcis is always injured.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
stakh is just not consistent enough. That wimbledon match was way above his normal level anyway

darcis is injured a lot but either way that was still also above his normal level

they played the matches of their lives but they were never going to keep that level up. Kind of like rosol

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Don't forget that Darcis has two titles also. I remember both winnig their first tournaments out of nowhere. Proves that they can play brilliant tennis at times, but they are also very incosistent.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Stak's been playing quite well this year, actually - got a fair number of wins under his belt. He's certainly doing better in 2014 than he was last year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts