• Your friend/bf

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you wake up at 7.30 on a weekday, and you barely get out of the cozy bed. You know you've got stuff to do that day, but you're all sleepy and you seriously consider getting 1-2 hours more of sleep.

What helps you get over it and start your day? For me a cold shower does wonders in the morning, and I'm fresh as a daisy after that.

·
Your visions will happen
46,698 Posts
Morning sex works better than coffee or cold showers I've found.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Nothing gets me going in the morning. The only thing that gets me out of bed is knowing I have school/work/other obligations. I'm a natural night owl. ;)

I didn't vote in the poll because none of those work for me.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
I do have to add that a lot those options take a lot of time, so I think a (cold) shower works best for those who have school/work/other stuff early in the morning. I remember that for high school I would wake up at 5:50, trudge upstairs and spend 10 minutes eating a poptart ( :help: ) and look exhausted doing so. Then I'd take a shower and be pretty much set for the day and feel a lot more awake

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
A good night's sleep. Being prepared for the day.

It took me a very long time to learn this. I used to hate getting up in the morning and would bargain relentlessly for more sleep :lol:. I used to get up in the morning with barely enough time to get ready, not being sure if I had clean clothes to wear, no time for water/breakfast, and dreading the day because I wasn't prepared (thus, why I probably wanted to stay in bed. Cozy bed >>>>> chaos). Thank goodness those days are gone.

·
Banned
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A good night's sleep. Being prepared for the day.

It took me a very long time to learn this. I used to hate getting up in the morning and would bargain relentlessly for more sleep :lol:. I used to get up in the morning with barely enough time to get ready, not being sure if I had clean clothes to wear, no time for water/breakfast, and dreading the day because I wasn't prepared (thus, why I probably wanted to stay in bed. Cozy bed >>>>> chaos). Thank goodness those days are gone.
I'm still going through that actually :) I haven't found the way to get a good night's sleep yet, no matter how much time I dedicate to sleeping. I usually go to sleep at about 11-12 and wake up at 7. I guess that's enough sleep, but I still feel tired as hell in the morning.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'm still going through that actually :) I haven't found the way to get a good night's sleep yet, no matter how much time I dedicate to sleeping. I usually go to sleep at about 11-12 and wake up at 7. I guess that's enough sleep, but I still feel tired as hell in the morning.
I empathize with you. What made the difference for me was making sure I was caught up on stuff so I wasn't dreading the day. It wasn't really a conscious thing at the time, but looking back I know that's why now. Sometimes it helps to look at what causes you stress and to try to resolve those things. If people feel less stressed or anxious, they often sleep better. :) I hope you find what works for you.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
As was said a few posts above me, a good nights sleep is what helps me in feeling fresh in the morning. Outside of that, maybe sex. Actually, definitely sex. A good breakfast also can perk me up.

I can't stand coffee, it's unhealthy and lacks taste to me.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
4mg of ephedrine when I'm pretty tired but must go to work.

·
Premium Member
20,533 Posts
the prospect of homelessness during cold Canadian winters if I fail to go to work and lose my job.

coffee helps a little, too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts