9-Roddick 383
10-Federer 356
11-Novak 349
12-Sampras 347
13-Canas 329
14-Johansson 312
15-Corretja 296

Top 7 Auto qualify for Shanghai
if Slam winners are outside top 7 then highest placed one will take the last spot

Johansson is doomed

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LLeyton will have to lose early in his next 3 tournaments and Andre and Marat will have to go deep to even be competive in Shanghai. Damm this does not bode well for an exciting/dramatic year-end race for #1.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Dog fight for those last spots :eek:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right! I can't wait.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
i think Moya,Ferrero and Costa are doomed as well
Costa might sneak in cos Pete may get in top 7 (if he plays)

those Masters events in Madrid and Paris will sort it out.

Carlos Moya can only gain pts if he makes final in the optional events or SF in Tokyo or the 50 pt events for winners

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
GO PETE :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Some things should change in that top 8 as apart from 1 or 2 tournaments like Palermo (where usually none of the top players go though Costa, Ferrero & Moya just might try to up their points there) the rest of the year they are all on hard outdoor courts or indoor and people like Pete, Haas, Roddick & Federer have more chance of upping their rankings.
What I can't understand is that with only 2 months to go Kafelnikov, who is down at 30 in the Championship Race is still no 8 on the Entry system. Know he won Moscow last year for the umpteenth time in a row, but he must have a lot of points to defend.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Andre is #2 in spite of losing the USO? wow, he's actually closing in on Hewitt. not too shabby for an old man.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
dbc said:
What I can't understand is that with only 2 months to go Kafelnikov, who is down at 30 in the Championship Race is still no 8 on the Entry system. Know he won Moscow last year for the umpteenth time in a row, but he must have a lot of points to defend.
Zhenya has already won a title this year, lest we forget (Halle), and Moscow really is his to lose. He plays so much during the year that he can lose early in a lot of tournaments, win one or two, and consistently stay in the Top 10. This year, he had semifinal USO points to defend and he fell four spots in a week as a result of his loss. Remember the Entry System is year-to-date points and the Race is year-from-January points. His Halle win helped him boost his Race points.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Zhenya has 300 pts where he cannot defend (Masters Cup)
250 in Moscow
120 in Tashkent
225 in Stuttgart
350 in Paris Bercy
100 in St Petersburg

worst scenario is Zhenya will be in 20's somewhere at end of season.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tommy 'Haas' slipped :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks Boiled egg. I just could not be bothered to go & check my records (I keep them for every t'ment - Slams & MS the whole draw and all the others from the 2nd round) just remembered the Moscow result.
Tenis hack: he may have won Halle but he's done precious little else & I understand the Entry System perfectly. In fact i don't really like the C'ship race as I felt the old 52 week system wasn't difficult to understand as long as one knew what points, if any, a player had coming off each week.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
dbc said:
In fact i don't really like the C'ship race as I felt the old 52 week system wasn't difficult to understand as long as one knew what points, if any, a player had coming off each week.
I'm particularly sad that Ferrero made it all the way up to #2 in the entry system and nobody cares. Same thing to Haas. :(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts