Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't mean, as someone (I think FedFan2007) said on another thread, that Nadal has no chance in the next round. It's just that Andy just has an uncanny ability to make Roger look good.

The problem for Andy is that Roger handles pace so well - and that's Andy's whole game completely neutralized. Andy, and the other American players, should learn how to construct points. There's a case for forcing American juniors to play more clay matches from an earlier age. The whole American way of playing is based on pace and attack, and when that is neutralized, either by the surface or by a player with quick reflexes, they make complete and total idiots of themselves. Roger must be something like 40-0 against Americans over the last few years now - a ridiculous statistic. Almost as ridiculous as American players' recent record at the French Open.

Roger's spectacular wins against Roddick don't show that he's some sort of super-invincible monster. Players who know how to construct points have shown that he can be beaten. It's just that Andy's ball-bashing is a completely stupid and useless tactic against him. Even worse than Nadal hitting his moonball CC forehand into Fit Dave's lethal double-hander.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
I
Roger's spectacular wins against Roddick don't show that he's some sort of super-invincible monster. Players who know how to construct points have shown that he can be beaten. It's just that Andy's ball-bashing is a completely stupid and useless tactic against him. Even worse than Nadal hitting his moonball CC forehand into Fit Dave's lethal double-hander.
Sometimes I think that Andy's ball-bashing works better than his attempts to construct points. :lol:

A number of times today, there was open court for Roddick to pound a ball into... but he didn't make Roger move. It's true that Roger is outstanding on the run, but he's even more deadly when he can plant his feet and set up.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Nadal is tired and has no chance.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I agree. Federer likes it "the American way". To beat Federer you need to be coolheaded and have patience - mindless ball-bashing just won't do.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the ACC is?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
^Arseclown Contest. You went pretty far. ;)

I don't think that Roger necessarily brings his A game everytime he meets Roddick; it's just Roddick's game matches up well with Fed's and Andy doesn't have any real weapons to hurt him. If Roger's opponent was Novak or Nadal or Nalbandian, the scoreline wouldn't have been this one sided.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Oh, I thought Atlantic Coast Conference basketball. Duke, North Carolina, that type of stuff...

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
No one, I repeat NO ONE beats Andy Roddick 1434132423 times in a row!!!!

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Wow, I was a semifinalist. Am I on my way to GOAT status?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm going to check out my performance in the ACC. I saw ezekiel won but don't read many of his posts. Would be interesting to see who took out R=FK. :)

Edit: not bad, managed to take someone out in the first round before falling to a really hated guy called Bad Religion. Didn't realise my username was hated so much. Not that I have any intention of changing it. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
It proves a number of things.
1 Fed is still capable of playing out of his mind
2 He has an incredible amount of pride
3 He in no way shape or form fears Nadal and seems to genuinely want to play him.

It does not however guarantee him a win tomorrow as Nadal/Nabaldian are diificult for him on any given day. But I like his chances.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Wow, I was a semifinalist. Am I on my way to GOAT status?

Yeah, you lost in 2 semifinals. In first one with your first account R=FK against ezekiel, in 2nd with your 2nd account FedFan_2007 against Bad Religion. But you already knew that, the light has already enlighted you :devil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts