Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ExpectedWinner said:
:confused: Somebody with better English than mine should explain you this.

" The Entry Rank is the most important thing too because in the coming year it determines who is the #1 seed in tournaments. "

This is true. But the entry ranking can confuse you in terms who has the best chances to become No1 at the end of the year because it can be inflated with points from last year. Example- Hewitt.
True....it's not easy to figure out Entry Rank chances. That's why I started this thread. Someone had posted that Nadal has no chance of overtaking Roger in the Entry Rank system ( for true #1), but I didn't think that was correct. I wanted to hear what others thought who can tabulate out the points based on this year/last year bla, bla, bla, bla. You know what I mean? LOL

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
bavaria100 said:
The big difference is the Masters Cup. Roger won it while Nadal didn´t qualify for it. Let´s say Nadal wins it without losing any match and Roger loses all of his rr-matches. Roger would lose 750 points and Nadal would gain 750 points. So if we go by the ER, I just can´t see Roger losing the number 1 spot this year. But if we go by the CR, Nadal could be the new number 1 after the masters cup.
Wait a minute. I didn't think that the Master's Cup gave out any points at all toward the Entry Ranking. What's this about?

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
If Roger does this, this, and that, if Rafa does this, this and that then....good grief. :unsure: I think it's safe to say there are to many unknowns right now which makes it way to confusing.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ExpectedWinner said:
Because he finished No 1 only once. Sampras' records are not beatable. I really hope that he's not thinking about them.
Well....he gets asked continually about whether he thinks he could attain Sampras' record of 14 majors. Just by watching Roger's reactions in all of his interviews, I feel sure that he would like to make all the records he could. Even Sampras said that Roger is playing against the record books....just like Sampras himself did.

But I agree with you. I hope that Roger doesn't get caught up or nervous when faced with winning or losing a certain record. It would be easy for that to happen with the way the media bugs him about the records.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
PamV said:
True....it's not easy to figure out Entry Rank chances. That's why I started this thread. Someone had posted that Nadal has no chance of overtaking Roger in the Entry Rank system ( for true #1), but I didn't think that was correct. I wanted to hear what others thought who can tabulate out the points based on this year/last year bla, bla, bla, bla. You know what I mean? LOL
Ok, the short answer is- Nadal has chances to become No1 both in the entry ranking system and the race.

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
PamV said:
Wait a minute. I didn't think that the Master's Cup gave out any points at all toward the Entry Ranking. What's this about?

Yes it does. Here´s the calculation.

Winner: 750 points if undefeated (3 RR-wins + semifinal win and final win)

RR-win: 100 points for each round robin match win (max. 300 points)

Semifinal win: 200 points

Final win: 250 points

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
ExpectedWinner said:
Ok, the short answer is- Nadal has chances to become No1 both in the entry ranking system and the race.
Yeah that's the short answer, but I am also fascinated by the in's and out's and drama. In other words if you really get into this stuff you understand whether Roger will be able to afford to miss some tournaments or if he has to try to play them all.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
bavaria100 said:
Yes it does. Here´s the calculation.

Winner: 750 points if undefeated (3 RR-wins + semifinal win and final win)

RR-win: 100 points for each round robin match win (max. 300 points)

Semifinal win: 200 points

Final win: 250 points
Interesting. I sort of hope that Agassi could make it to the TMC instead of Gaudio. Gaudio was rather boring to put it kindly in last year's TMC.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
PamV said:
Yeah that's the short answer, but I am also fascinated by the in's and out's and drama. In other words if you really get into this stuff you understand whether Roger will be able to afford to miss some tournaments or if he has to try to play them all.
It's not possible to answer at least until after the USO. As of today, the race is really tight.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Saumon said:
hmmm luck?? :scratch: ;)
As expected this thread was taken to Rafas site :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
oneandonlyhsn said:
Do you want me to start a thread about whether Nadal looks like a big fat ham in those pedal pushers, just to teach them a lesson? The plan would be to then ask why they are being so defensive as it really doesn't matter.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
See this is exactly what Rafa fans want...the thought that Fed fans might be concerned about Rogi's #1 ranking. But this has been a civilized and thoughtful discussion so there's no reason it should've ended up in Rafa's forum. I could start a thread why are Rafa fans so damn sensitive and paranoid, and why do they care what people discuss in Rogi's forum. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
mirkaland said:
See this is exactly what Rafa fans want...the thought that Fed fans might be concerned about Rogi's #1 ranking. But this has been a civilized and thoughtful discussion so there's no reason it should've ended up in Rafa's forum. I could start a thread why are Rafa fans so damn sensitive and paranoid, and why do they care what people discuss in Rogi's forum. :rolleyes:
Let's roll Mirkaland! LOL! They need us to help them think of topics.

1) Parnanoid Rafa Fans?
2) Depression over next year's work load?
3) Confussion over fat vs. firm?
4) Jealousy over Roger's command of 5 languages?
5) Who won the Sports Laureus Award again? I forgot?

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Nah, let's not stoop to their level. But I have no problem pointing out when they're being ridiculous and petty with their comments. And constantly going on about everything being "the new clay" or a slow court is getting ver old.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
mirkaland said:
And constantly going on about everything being "the new clay" or a slow court is getting ver old.
Yeah, old indeed. Any way, I am just trying to have a little fun and point out that I could bait them too if they want to get pushy.

21 - 40 of 372 Posts