Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Rafa will ALWAYS be a force on clay, we should all realise that he is far and away the best of the best where clay is concerned noone comes close in history so I see Rome this year as rust and an outlier as a result, well played by Diego of course.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Usually these losses don't seem to matter much for Nadal's RG campaigns. But if any year there is a chance for someone to beat him again it's got to be this year.

·
11,046 Posts
Nothing. Nadal will always be a force of nature at RG.

Best Of 5 is a whole different beast too.

Nothing to see here.

He will still find hist best te. Is when it matters most.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Lol every year the same mistake. You can't compare Rome to RG. It's like day and night. Remember Federer playing that epic Rome final, just to be roasted again in RG by Nadal? It was like a whole different sport.

The RG center court gives Nadal more room to execute his pushing, and the balls bounce higher. Of course, this year, it all could be different. But usually, Monte Carlo is the best indicator for Roland Garros.
Isn't the 'day vs night' the exact point the OP was making?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I think it's obvious Nadal hates the cold and damp conditions, so yes this may play a role in Roland Garros. However, remember he also lost a lot of matches on clay last year in broad daylight.
I think the bigger problem is that he just hasn't had much competitive matches recently. He should improve by the time Roland Garros gets into its second week

21 - 26 of 26 Posts