Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know this event, cheers

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
The Lawn tennis event?

isnt that the british national champs that used to be played in Telford at the end of the years? even up till 1996, 1997 Henman and Rusedski played it - timbo always stuffing him in the finals...

infact i remember in 1997 Henman was playing here - in the middle of the tournament he flew to Germany as an ALT for the Masters Cup .. played and won his match v Kafelnikov - then flew back home and won the final here, those were the days !

i dont know if its that event or not.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you , i don't know exactly ,just see the atp schedule in 2008, the event in Sunderland is one of them, so who will play for that?
cheers

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it, thank u, Judio
i just saw there is a event in ediburgh, wonder whether go there or not, since small event, go and see then

·
Registered
446 Posts
Don't know if this is of any help and hopefully I'm not repeating anything that you know. :)

The tournaments in men's tennis can be broadly classified into three categories - tour, Challenger and Futures. The events below tour level, that is Challengers, are the breeding grounds for future top 100 players. The Futures, in turn, are the breeding grounds for Challenger players.

The tournaments in Sunderland and Edinburgh are Futures and you can expect to see players ranked between 300 and 1300 there. The entry list will be available sometime late December out here - http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/index.asp

If you live in Sunderland or Edinburgh (or anywhere near), it's a very good idea to go and watch it. Maybe there'll be some great prospect playing there and in seven years time you would be able to boast that you saw the Australian Open champ play when he was 17.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds very great, thank u guy, hope next year watch them in ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why Escude this expression?

Reactions: Corey Feldman

·