Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Zverev /Thiem win

Votes: 16 59.3%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question. We have the old guard and new (er) guard.

Predictability and legacy could be the winner once again, or we could have new blood win its first grand slam.

What scenario do you want?

Yes you have to be grouped together here Federer and Djokovic fans. Deal with it.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
old skool should prevail

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Federer but I don’t mind if Thiem wins. Even if Zverev won I wouldn’t be that upset, just not Djokovic.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Rogie, anyone but Djokovic, if Thiem or Zverev win, ultimately so be it (if over Rogie), or else a welcome sight (if over Djokovic)!!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
A winner from Zverev and Thiem will set us up for an excellent year in my opinion.

I couldn't care less about how many grand slams Federer or Djokovic end up winning.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I like Zverev, so him winning would be cool especially after the slamrev talk.
At the same time I'm not "a new guy must win" type of person. I really don't care if the old guard continue to win.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I am at peace with this tournament now. Would be happy for any of the remaining four to win. Probably least prefer Zverev , but his donation pledge is cool.

In terms of tennis I want to see a Djokovic v Thiem final. But would obviously be happy to see the goat progress.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Really hard to chose. I hope for a Thiem - Fed final which would really be a 50/50 call for me, probably would be determined by my emotions/ gut during the match.

If I really had to chose - the younger Gen, time for a change.

Hope we get younger Gen winners in 3 slams, and Fed wins a final one at Wimby - a man can dream...

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would rather old guard win then new guard.

It would be nice for new blood to win, but let's keep the legacies going.

Reactions: janko05

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really hard to chose. I hope for a Thiem - Fed final which would really be a 50/50 call for me, probably would be determined by my emotions/ gut during the match.

If I really had to chose - the younger Gen, time for a change.

Hope we get younger Gen winners in 3 slams, and Fed wins a final one at Wimby - a man can dream...
Federer def. Thiem in Australian Open in 4 sets

Federer def. Brown in 5 set Wimbledon final.

A man can dream

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Definitely prefer to have a new, younger winner to mix things up a bit at the top of the game. I love the Fedal rivalry/even the Djokerer rivalry/and the Djokodal matches are very intense with both players on similar career trajectories at the same time. But yes, a new majors winner would set the season up nicely with some novelty. Can't see Djokovic losing to any of the remaining players at AO, though.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
I vastly prefer Thiem. and vastly prefer Djokovic in the final.
If Thiem wins this, I can forget about Rafa's loss.

But also I just prefer Thiem to AZ by a large margin, and Djokovic to Federer.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The problem with this question is that grouping Federer/Djokovic into one option is like trying to merge two of the highest polarized fanbases in tennis into one. Obiously Nadal fans will want Zverev and secondly Thiem to win while Federer and Djokovic will want one of them and then any of the younger ones.

Besides, the optino Federer/Djokovic given the current situation is like chosing Djokovic to win.

Anyway, I choose Thiem and secondly Zverev or Federer, not just because of a new vs old generation question but because I think Thiem is the one who played the better tennis so far and had also the toughest draw

1 - 20 of 22 Posts