Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he has a nice game and good potential. I think he'll reach top 20 at some stage, though probably not for long (talent is there, mentality is sometimes questionable). I think he'll also win a few titles.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Win the French Open. But I'm stating the obvious here.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
He has those big, flat groundstrokes which can pose a problem to most guys on a good day. Footspeed is good and he gets enough pace on his first serve.

the problem with Giraldo is that he has a terrible volleys as for such an offensive player.
Yep.

This is a big problem, along with a few other things (defense, 2nd serve, brains).

Top 20 is possible if he works on those things, as well as his attitude/intensity during matches. I would say a couple of slam QFs, maybe even a SF at RG one day with the right draw, but his record at the slams thus far is atrocious. :lol:

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Not much.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Defence hasn't improved much. He has ferocious firepower, but not the best idea how to use it. Making a little progress on hard of late.

Will probably win a few clay 250s. Can he develop into an Almagro type? Probably not as good on clay, maybe better on hard.

·
Registered
22,598 Posts
Most people here expect him to win RG and we have a poll here to prove:p

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Nothing. But that's just an overestimation :shrug:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts