1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts
We'll know on Sunday.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Better serve. More dropshots and volleying.(but the effect is not very good for both of these)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I noticed that Nole became a dad as soon as Becker joined the team. So he manned up and stopped shooting blanks.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
:lol: that and Rome.
Now if Nole's wife has twins, then that is a real transformation. I didn't think in a million years he would have it in him. But a playboy like Becker don't shoot single and his student won't either. :devil:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
His volleying improved a lot, if you don't see it, then you must be blind, just compare the net point stats with last year's one.
His mentality might have improved as well, when he will avoid miscalculated tactics like in '14 AO R4 and Dubai SF, we will know it for sure. However it's difficult to maintain such a dominant streak like in 2011, too much distracting and too few motivating factors...

·
Premium Member
21,077 Posts
Pretty much it's impossible to say. Even if does win RG, is that because of Becker or he would've done it anyway? Becker sitting there could be just a placebo, but whatever works for Novak :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Boris Becker was brought on to help Novak win more slams, to finish off tournaments he should be winning.

Novak is a better player than all his current rivals and has been for the last 4 years. However only in 2011 and early 2012 do the stats back this up. Novak needs to be winning 2 slams a year. But let's forget that for a moment, Novak and his fans including me, want one thing more than any other, that's the French Open. He must win it, otherwise Boris Becker and Novak have both failed.

If Novak does not win the French Open, Boris and Marian Vajda must go. Novak is 27 and in my opinion the last year where he can be at his peak and dominate, this year must return 2 slams, the French Open and the US. Wimbledon would be a bonus, but I think both Fed and Murray are still much better grass players.

So in answer to your question, it's not been perfect for Boris and Novak, but that could all change if he wins RG + USO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts