Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you may be aware, I have a hate/hate relationship with the ATP and I tend to go off on long-winded rants when I approach the topic as I feel that they(Mark Miles) are wholly responsible for men's tennis declining market share in the US. I thoroughly enjoyed the picture of Lleyton holding his #1 trophy with idiot Mark Miles smiling with clenched teeth. I love Lleyton for many reasons but the idea that he has managed to stick it to those idiots 2 yrs in row is icing on the cake for me.

I was just wondering if other posters (particularly the American ones) are generally satisfied with the ATP as far as 1) fan outreach is concerned and 2) improving/growing the sport itself. in the US and around the world.

I sent a letter to the ATP expressing my opinion on the sorry job I think they did in the US and now I'd like other opinions.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I think ATP is doing well in Europe, cause a lot of today's topplayers are Europeans, but what do you suggest they should to make tennis more popular again in the US? I don't know much about Americans, but it is said that Americans find themselves better in everything and only like watching compatriots. ATP can't help it that there are no American players who are as good as Pete and Andre.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts