Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys that know serbian, what does he said at the end of the match? He first roars and then he says something, then when he handshake Berettini he said something and Vajda replies lol what did they said?

Minute 3:35

·
Registered
805 Posts
Really curious.

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
For you guys that know serbian, what does he said at the end of the match? He first roars and then he says something, then when he handshake Berettini he said something and Vajda replies lol what did they said?

Minute 3:35
On mp he had couple of plain screams , then screaming "Idemo" and at the end "Idemo bre" - "Lets go"

After the handshake with Matteo, turns back on his team ... as if he is telling them that they are not celebrating as passionately as he does :D and yells "Sta je bilo bre ? Sta je bilo ? Idemo bre" - What's happening, What What ?? Lets Go !

·
Registered
986 Posts
So he felt like they're not supporting him enough? Like in AO?

·
Registered
72 Posts
He said "Sta je bilo" which would translate directly as "What happened?" He may have been going for the celebratory equivalent of "What happened, bruh" UNLESS he was legit yelling at his camp about something. I didn't watch the match, so I don't know the context. I'm guessing it's the first.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
His box looked terrified and frozen. The pressure on them is unbearable, he's impossible to be around now, because he wants needs this more than anything he's ever won before. this is it. this is what it's all about. this is what everything was sacrificed for. he must win this to stop rafa from 21 and get his 19. i saw him screaming at his team like this at practice the day before a miami open final vs rafa about five years ago. djokovic has a crazy level fed and rafa can't reach. to be the very best at tennis you have to be partially insane.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
“Sta je bilo” is literally ”What happened”, but is not meant for his team lol. It’s sort of a rhetorical question, just pumping himself up. Or something you direct at your opponent when you score a basket in a game of 1v1 for example “What happened, ha?”. Usually said in a light and teasing manner, Djokovic just combined it with his warcry here into something completely different 😂

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
His box looked terrified and frozen. The pressure on them is unbearable, he's impossible to be around now, because he wants needs this more than anything he's ever won before. this is it. this is what it's all about. this is what everything was sacrificed for. he must win this to stop rafa from 21 and get his 19. i saw him screaming at his team like this at practice the day before a miami open final vs rafa about five years ago. djokovic has a crazy level fed and rafa can't reach. to be the very best at tennis you have to be partially insane.

No mate. It's all about the CYGS. This is the one thing that will separate him from the big three alongside the double CGS. This is the last year a big three stands a chance of the former, and probably the latter.

Reactions: Damianho

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ah so he was shouting at his camp for not being too vocal — makes sense. Since vajda shouted back “let’s go” I think.

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
Ah so he was shouting at his camp for not being too vocal — makes sense. Since vajda shouted back “let’s go” I think.
Vajda did shout back but not the others. And even Vajda wasn't loud enough (he simply wasn't roaring back), so THE BOSS had to reprimand them for not being sufficiently passionate and enthusiastic :LOL:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts