Mens Tennis Forums banner

Your interpretation of Federer's finger wag celebration?

• "I'm still the number 1 GOAT baby"

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • "Better luck next year at FO buddy. Deal with it"

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • "I'm not finished/washed up just yet"

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • Nothing. Federer was just relieved and happy he won a great, close match

Votes: 19 22.1%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the most iconic celebrations from Federer's career, the finger wag celebration with the subtle smirk (possibly smug in some aspects), the finger wag accompanied with that strut posture with repeated head bang and then an almighty primitive roar. Even greater reason on why it's so iconic was the context of the match leading up to it was all high stakes. Djokovic on a 42 match winning streak; could anybody stop him? Was Federer able to prove once again he was back to contention as the leading players in 2011 along with Djokovic and Nadal? What would the implications be grand slam wise in terms of greatness for both Federer and Nadal?

There are numerous interpretations in both a positive or negative light for Federer from that finger wag celebration considering Federer played quite possible his greatest clay performance in an amazingly close match against a man on a mission at the peak of his powers, what do you think it mean for you guys?

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
mtf :haha:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
The most disgusting and arrogant celebration ever. The day I lost a lots of respect for Federer.

Why do we need a thread about this despicable act?

Reactions: Berd Lover

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The most disgusting and arrogant celebration ever. The day I lost a lots of respect for Federer.

Why do we need a thread about this despicable act?
Because the finger wag can be interpreted as either positive or negative. What do you think of the finger wag Nadal made against Djokovic in Montreal and Roland Garros 2013?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I'm scared to even think how this guy approaches the problem of cutting the grass in his backyard. Probably a three month project with 1000s pages of documentation, at least two contingency plans and the permits directly from the Supreme Court.

Reactions: BackhandDTL

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Because the finger wag can be interpreted as either positive or negative. What do you think of the finger wag Nadal made against Djokovic in Montreal and Roland Garros 2013?
That was also disgusting, especially after his direct attempt to injure Djokovic in the same match, but Federer's was worse and more arrogant.

That is why it will be a happy day when both of these retire and leave us to enjoy tennis.

You can see both of those self-centered individuals are greatly suffering watching Novak being the #1 and dominating the tennis world for such a long time. Too bad for them they can't do anything about it except occasional pathetic finger wagging. Thankfully even those days are gone now.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Fed has the finger wag.
Nadal has the leg lift + fist pump.
Djokovic has the shirt rip + chest thump.
Murray has the double index finger point to sky.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Fed has the finger wag.

the finger, the fist, are really all symbols of male genital erection. Symbolizes alpha male dominance. Djokovic 's shirt ripping, while pointing his crotch forward, is also a symbolic of showing the genital

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fed has the finger wag.

the finger, the fist, are really all symbols of male genital erection. Symbolizes alpha male dominance. Djokovic 's shirt ripping, while pointing his crotch forward, is also a symbolic of showing the genital
Nice touch, Sigmund.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Are we really analyzing a 4 year old gesture?
Yeah ... they all do this ... when you are happy and win such an emotional match ... and wasn't Nole undefeated till then? It was a huge accomplishment for Roger and proved Rafa's endless luck. Without Roger getting in Nole's way, Rafa would be already retired instead of vulturing clay titles as an almost finished journeyman

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I was hoping to see something from Novak at RG'12 when he beat Fed, but I guess it didn't mean as much to him.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I was hoping to see something from Novak at RG'12 when he beat Fed, but I guess it didn't mean as much to him.
Novak does not play those petty little games, like Federer and Nadal.

Novak is focused on his own tennis and winning the tournaments.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts