Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watcing his match against Rublev. He's totally dominating and shows no sign of slowing down. He's without a doubt the GOTA, but I wasn't aware he was THAT good. He looks just untouchable/invincible. Rublev looks helpless and seems to have no idiea what to do. I know Djokvoic is a bad match-up for Rublev, but he has never looked so helpless against the Serb before. Now, it seems there's nothing stopping the King from his 10th AO ttile. Maybe an injury is the only possibility that he will fail to win this. Even Tsitsipath, who seems to be playing the best tennis of his life won't be enough to derail the man. This is the most NID GS I've seen in a while. Having followed him since he made a professional debut, I have never been so surprised at his level. Is this man really 35? Isn't he forging his age? It makes me even futile and rediculous to compare this man with Nadal. He's just in a different league by himself. Federer? Fat chance!

· Registered
298 Posts
He's aging in reverse. It's hard to believe. He's getting stronger, faster the older he gets.hes nearly 36 the next oldest player left is 26?

Nextgen players 3 or 4 years ago could beat him, and now that the nextgen are in their physical prime , they now can't beat him and even more peculiar, they cant even make the contest competitive

· Registered
12,996 Posts
He's aging in reverse. It's hard to believe. He's getting stronger, faster the older he gets.hes nearly 36 the next oldest player left is 26?

Nextgen players 3 or 4 years ago could beat him, and now that the nextgen are in their physical prime , they now can't beat him and even more peculiar, they cant even make the contest competitive
Djokovic is improving his game, he never stops. Physically he is not better but we can't see that as he is rarely forced to play long matches like in 2011.

· Banned
2,029 Posts
NextGen are totally hopeless. They give him far too much respect. Djokovic will be beating them at 45 if he wants.

Thankfully, Alcaraz, Rune and co are beginning to emerge and they seem to have a bit more balls.
Are you a clown, or what?

Alcaraz and Rune are not going to do anything.

Djokovic will dominate well into his 50s

· Registered
1,152 Posts
I think Tsitsipas could pull it off. Right now I still think Djokovic isn't at 100%. His hamstring still clearly bothers him, and he is limited to an extent in terms of his movement. None of the players Djokovic has faced so far have been able to take capitalise on this. The only concern for Tsitsipas is whether he can repeatedly hit a proper topspin backhand without shanking it, because he seemed to shank it too many times against Lehecka. If he can stabilise that backhand side of his, I think he has a very good shot of pulling it off.

2,269 Posts
I think Tsitsipas could pull it off. Right now I still think Djokovic isn't at 100%. His hamstring still clearly bothers him, and he is limited to an extent in terms of his movement. None of the players Djokovic has faced so far have been able to take capitalise on this. The only concern for Tsitsipas is whether he can repeatedly hit a proper topspin backhand without shanking it, because he seemed to shank it too many times against Lehecka. If he can stabilise that backhand side of his, I think he has a very good shot of pulling it off.
No chance Novak loses a set the rest of the way..I don't think Nadal was ever this much of a fav. at the FO going into the SFs.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Electric blue

1 - 20 of 54 Posts