Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
if there is no play on tuesday , wednesday , thursday , friday as the weather suggests , would the usopen be cancelled overall or it will continue through next week as long as it gets over ,mabey thru monday tuesday wednesday thursday next week??????

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Even in rainy days if they get any window open they will use it to start the matches on different courts.And as they have lights here they can go well into the night.So no problem to finish the tourney even if the finals will take place Monday like last few years

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
lets hope gilles simon gets on court, wins, the rest of the tournament is washed out, then he would have to be declared the winner :angel:

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Might wanna Start Da Brain next time you make a thread :tape:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
no way to start ...

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
No way to say yet, all depends how much is a wash out. Right now the men's fourth round would be the priority I guess, as they are behind everyone else.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I gather tears of Rafafans, on how unfair to their boy the weather is, are shed all over in much bigger amounts than the rain in NYC.:awww:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
They'll try to fit the men's 4th round matches first in any gaps they get, perhaps two at a time on the big courts. Even if it's then a wash-out till Saturday, they'll play all the quarters on Saturday, the semis on Sunday and the finals on Monday.

·
Registered
884 Posts
if it does wash out the entire rest of the week up til saturday, i can see them trying to finish the tournament by weds. everyone is playing back to back to back the rest of the way

·
Your visions will happen
52,294 Posts
but i mean upto what day can finals extend to the next week ?????????
Any day necessary.

There is a 0% chance of the USO being cancelled.

Unless Earth is sucked into a black hole or galactic alien invaders bomb New York City, of course.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
but i mean upto what day can finals extend to the next week ?????????
The only tournaments next week are Challengers so it won't affect any of the guys left in (not that they would care lol). The only matches scheduled for next week in which top players are involved are in the Davis Cup (Djokovic, Nadal, Ferrer, Tsonga, Simon and Tipsarevic all potentially involved in the semis) which starts on Friday 16th. I reckon therefore they'd try and be done by Wednesday at the latest but then both US Open and Davis Cup are ITF events so there's probably some more leeway if necessary.

Essentially, the rain won't be enough of a problem to cause major scheduling conflicts :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Nadal got screwed once again with the schedule in a Slam. He will have to play something like 4 matches in 5 days if he gets to the final. Hopefully it rains 2-3 days in a row so the top half of the draw is a bit screwed too. It happened too many times to Nadal. That's why his 10 GS are more valuable than Fed's 16, not to mention Fed won most of them in a weaker field and with better schedules.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Murray has just tweeted the word "Cancelled"

and

DavidLawTennis has just tweeted "The entire day had been cancelled at the @usopen"

1 - 20 of 39 Posts