Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basilashvili playing his best tennis ever and when Rogie lost to him in the Doha QF it was Rogie's first event back and he even had a match point!! This tells me Rogie's not too far off considering the time missed, he lost to the eventual Doha champ, even held a match point, and now Basilashvili wins another title, proving he can win some titles and not just a fluke at Doha... Lastly, let's see how Rogie fares in Geneva!!

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
It means the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

"
Hope"

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
It must mean Wimbledon is a lock.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wonder if Fed would've still withdrawn from all these tournaments had he beaten Basil and made it farther in Doha. Seems like the early loss to Basil kinda spooked him. I guess he realized his fitness level wasn't high enough, but you'd think match play and match toughness would help him w/ fitness...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Pretty sure it was the fitness and not the game. He looked okayish gamewise but completely out of gas..

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
I wonder if Fed would've still withdrawn from all these tournaments had he beaten Basil and made it farther in Doha. Seems like the early loss to Basil kinda spooked him. I guess he realized his fitness level wasn't high enough, but you'd think match play and match toughness would help him w/ fitness...
He didn't want to get in a spiral of defeats... He is obviously underestimating Basilashvili, though he is the type of player he always did well against.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Therefore, by beating Evans who beat Djokovic, Federer will beat Djokovic who was beaten Evans who was beaten by the depressed guy in Wimbledon.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
That means Federer is going to win Wimbledon this year.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
This means, in the year of his 40, after 2 surgeries and 1 year out of competition, a decent level of play.

Pretty sure it was the fitness and not the game. He looked okayish gamewise but completely out of gas..
That too, but it was also occasionally the case for certain sets (or matches) already in previous seasons.

·
King Of Tennis
3,770 Posts
Karatsev def. Djokovic
Korda def. Karatsev
Cazaux def. Korda
Cool. And what does this have to do with the thread title? It's about Federer/Basilashvili. Stay on topic. :D

King d. Karatsev 6-3 6-2 6-4 at the AO anyway, i.e. where it actually counts. Plus that Belgrade "event" was basically just an exhibition ahead of the main Belgrade event in a few weeks.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Basilashvili d. Federer
Paire d. Basilashvili
Yeah what is up with that? Still can’t wrap my head around that result, unless Paire really tried to play today. I could only follow the match on my phone, but earlier in the year Benoit was deliberately double faulting. So is he getting over the voices in his head, or can we expect more tanking? Just don’t understand the logic.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Bashi never does well in B2B tournaments. Expect him to peak again in a few weeks/months. French open if we are lucky :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts