Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know how this is a controversial subject and all, but i'm doing a project on it for my civics class and i would like to know other people's opinions. you people seem like a happy bunch, so i figured i'd ask you too.:D oh and if its possible, could u have some reason behind your choice? you can pm me with your opinion if you would like to. i'd appreciate any answers. thank you.:)

·
Registered
904 Posts
well I think it's sad that a situation has to come down to an abortion, but the choice is up to the mother. It's her body.

sad topic though :( :( :(

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
We were having a dissusion about this is health and my feelings towards abortion were I guess I am in a way against it but for it, depending on the circumstances.

I feel that it is murder, but I guess some people some people may not say it is, it depends on people's views on when they think life begins. I think that it begins at conception but some people may say it's way after that and see abortion as ok... also, reasons why women have abortions, I guess I can understand that if a woman was ****d, that she would want to have an abortion, but if they just didn't want the child, then I would say that I am against it.

But, at the end of the day, like most people have said, it's up to the woman who decides weather she wants to go through it or not after weighing out thr pro's and cons and if they go through with it, weather they feel they can handle after effects.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
yw

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
u didn't even reply, daniel :rolleyes: ;) :p

to the question, i think that it's the mother's choice and i hate the way george bush is trying to ban abortion :fiery:

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
yw ;)

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
indeed ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's noone's business except the pregant mom and dad.
That means no gov't, no church, no family pressure to affect the decision. Though personally, I would never have one.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I believe abortion is no different than murder. I think it should be illegal, except in cases where the woman was ****d or has medical conditions that could endanger her health if she were to have the baby.

After all, she made the decision to have a baby when she decided to have sex. And if she and her husband/boyfriend really want to have sex but don't want a baby, than they should use birth control. And in that case abortion should still be illegal if Birth Control fails, which it sometimes does.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I dislike abortion, but still think that there are limits to our right to impose a world view on people who don't share it. I find abortion easier to accept in those very few occasions (****, risk for the mother's health, really serious malformations on the fetus) where I myself have doubts over what decision I would take if it were to happen to myself, and therefore completely refrain from judging the mother, whatever she chooses. In other less extreme situations, I definitely don't like it, but as I said before, society has to be ruled by laws that allow the coexistance of people with different mentalities, when ruling over shady areas (like when exactly does an embryo become a being with rights that must be upheld by society) around which a clear-cut stance that is accepted by all is imposible to be reached.

Abortion is always sad and always implies a failure. However, maximalist options, on both sides of the issue, would amount to tyranny: I don't think any sane person would defend that a mother has absolute, unbridled rights over the life of the foetus right up to the moment of birth; likewise, most sane persons would agree that forcing a mother to carry on with her recent pregnancy against her will does entail some innaceptable interference with such a private aspect of her life as to constitute a tyrannical invasion on her privacy. A consensus has to be reached somewhere between both extremes.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Was thinking about this today after hearing about Herman Cain's stance on the issue and thought I'd see if there's a thread about this subject :wavey:.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
It's entirely necessary and should be 100% legal.

As a side note, despite strongly supporting abortion, I deeply dislike many abortion rights activists themselves. First off, the terms like "pro-choice" and "woman's right to choose" instead of pro-abortion are cowardly. You are aborting a fetus, don't sugarcoat it. And like so many other reasonable political positions, too many disgusting people represent it. It sickens me how so many nasty man-hating leftist lesbians make up the leadership of abortion rights. It's like the beyond creepy Jack Kevorkian giving such a stigma to people supporting euthanasia or those arrogant atheists and agnostics who sue over the pledge of allegiance and making others look bad.

There's also a MASSIVE double standard here. A woman who doesn't want the child can abort, no matter what the man says. However, if she wants to keep the child and he doesn't, he still has to pay support with no say whatsoever. I love how people consider this the right to choose movement. It's more bullshit. Just like huge bias in custody disputes for women.

·
Registered
12,775 Posts
I am against because I support Gaia, the mother earth and the fertility queen.

Also you can see why Hera was so ridiculous in ancient times: because she couldnt have a baby!

:mad:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts