Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some things that particularly annoy you? What are them? It could be about anything, even some things in this forum, etc..

Well, I'll start, these are some of my pet peeves:

- I really get very annoyed when you are having conversation and the person you are talking to, randomly brings up up some mistake you did a while back ago and starts like scolding you for it, which is completely irrelevant to the conversation. Things like that really piss me off.

- When people talk very loudly in a public bus, it's not their bus, they should some respect to others.

- When my friends ask me questions in the cinema, I don't mind answering one or two questions but don't continuously ask me questions, I want to enjoy the movie, ask me once the movies finishes.

- Drivers who drive so damn slow, especially when you want to cross the road and the car is driving so slow. Drive faster please!

- When people try so hard to be liked by others, to fit in. It can be very obvious at times.

- When your parents compare you with your siblings/friends. It's annoying, we are all different, some are good at different things.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
- When people touch my stuff, I don't like my stuff to be touched.

- When someone enters a road right before you with high speed and then starts going slow, **** off.

- When a relative says 'why are you doing this job, you should do this'. Who cares, it's my decision.

- When you tell something to someone asking 'don't tell this to anyone', and they tell to everyone.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
How I get so involved in politics and then feel sick..

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
- When people touch my stuff, I don't like my stuff to be touched.

- When someone enters a road right before you with high speed and then starts going slow, **** off.

- When a relative says 'why are you doing this job, you should do this'. Who cares, it's my decision.

- When you tell something to someone asking 'don't tell this to anyone', and they tell to everyone.
So you're lazy, naive and have OCD...perfect for MTF.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

·
10,295 Posts
:lol:

Nice one ;)
What are your pet peeves Mr. Critic?

Mine are:

-People who don't wash their dishes
-People who use their phone while you both are hanging out
-Flaky people
-Drama
-People going slow in the fast lane
-Overly obnoxious drunk people
-Disrespectful people

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Children throwing tantrums.
People who post "inspirational" quotes about how believing in yourself can change the world.
People who say "I work hard, I'm important".
Casual conversation simply for the sake of filling awkward silences.
The phrase "the human condition"
Emotional manipulation.
TV sitcoms.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Pets

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
What are your pet peeves Mr. Critic?

Are you familiar with this proverb?

"You grab a mad dog by the ears when you butt into a quarrel that’s none of your business."

But I'm not quarreling with SC, just trying to help her because of her "emotional incapacity" as she puts it. :lol:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Children throwing tantrums.
People who post "inspirational" quotes about how believing in yourself can change the world.
People who say "I work hard, I'm important".
Casual conversation simply for the sake of filling awkward silences.
The phrase "the human condition"
Emotional manipulation.
TV sitcoms.
this.

but all the best sitcoms were from before the PC era:

sanford and son
all in the family
the jeffersons
welcome back kotter
good times
chico and the man

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Only three real ones:

1. Ironic to put it here but- whining. Major peeve inducing stuff. You online whiners aren't so bad though. Can't help yourselves.

2. The use of smilies to indicate that you aren't being serious, to avoid a misunderstanding.

3. Jump ropes. Never could figure those out. My record was 4. And I cheated.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Only three real ones:

2. The use of smilies to indicate that you aren't being serious, to avoid a misunderstanding.
Not caring about hurting other's feelings is sociopathic but a good characteristic to have as a mod :)

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do that because I'm a genuinely nice guy and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and then they start thinking bad about me. It's not nice to hurt other's people feelings you know. So I do that, to make sure they know I'm just kidding around so that their feelings aren't hurt.

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
Inspirational anything, relentlessly positive people especially
Misuse of the word literally
Social conservatism (fiscal conservatives I can much more respectfully disagree with)
Time wasting by opponents when playing tennis. Especially on my serve.

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm bumping this thread, because I'll like to add some more stuff:

- People who point out small grammatical mistakes in an argument, it's annoying and it's not necessary.
- People who tend to make a big deal about a small issue.
- People who contentiously claim they are good and hardworking.
- People who pretend they don't care about something, when it's obvious they actually do.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
1. Teenagers in the gym. They're reckless. They leave the dumbells on the floor, constantly look in the mirror, barely work out. Never take the weight off the barbell when they're done with it. I had a dream once that I smacked dozens of them.
2. Stray dogs. Lots of them in my neighbourhood.
3. Can't sleep with the door yo my room open. If someone opens it, I wake up.
4. People with high sense of entitlement.
5. Lying that a baby is cute.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Pet owners.
Nail biters.
People whose idea of fun consists solely of getting drunk.
People who refuse to put the cap back on the toothpaste.
Terrible drivers.
People who bury themselves in their phones (or god forbid, tablets) in public.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts