3) 40 matches unbeaten streak on hard courts
4) 36 matches unbeaten streak on grass courts

According to you which is harder to beat? Also name the players that you
believe will end these streaks. Here is my opinion:

1) Rafa
2) Rafa
3) Rafa
4) Alien:)

As you see the hardest to beat according to me is grass court streak.
What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
konyalikartal said:
Mainly he has 4 streaks now:

1) 31 matches unbeaten streak
2) 24 matches unbeaten streak on finals

1) Rafa
2) Rafa
3) Rafa

What are your thoughts?
I agree with 1), but disagree with 2) or 3)

I dont think nadal or anyone in the current tour has good chances to beat the final streak. This is a streak which was last held by players like Borg and McEnroe. 24 finals is incredible. and nadal on the hardcourt will do well, but I dont think that good to beat this streak. But on 1) I agree nadal has chances especially in his strong tournament surface of clay

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
R.Federer said:
I agree with 1), but disagree with 2) or 3)

I dont think nadal or anyone in the current tour has good chances to beat the final streak. This is a streak which was last held by players like Borg and McEnroe. 24 finals is incredible. and nadal on the hardcourt will do well, but I dont think that good to beat this streak. But on 1) I agree nadal has chances especially in his strong tournament surface of clay
i thought he meant to end the streaks, not surpass his records.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
1) 2) and 3) can be ended with 1 match...

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
konyalikartal said:
Mainly he has 4 streaks now:

1) 31 matches unbeaten streak
2) 24 matches unbeaten streak on finals

1) Rafa
2) Rafa
3) Rafa

What are your thoughts?
Rafa is good but indoor hard he's not the best. I think he could end the finals streak in RG 06

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes PaulieM you're right. I mean the player who will end this streak not beat the streak record. But I also think that Nadal has a chance to beat these numbers on clay courts...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Roger will end his streak when he shows up too tired mentally or physically, or his feet are bothering him too much as in AO, to allow him to play to his standard. Whoever is on the other side of the net is merely the recipient of a gift. It's like saying that Gasquet "beat" Roger this year. Technically true, except that Roger was playing when he needed to rest after his b2b Am. Masters' Victories & his feet were injured. So, don't be surprised if it's Joe Schmoe on the other side of the net when Roger finally wears down.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
TenHound said:
Roger will end his streak when he shows up too tired mentally or physically, or his feet are bothering him too much as in AO, to allow him to play to his standard. Whoever is on the other side of the net is merely the recipient of a gift. It's like saying that Gasquet "beat" Roger this year. Technically true, except that Roger was playing when he needed to rest after his b2b Am. Masters' Victories & his feet were injured. So, don't be surprised if it's Joe Schmoe on the other side of the net when Roger finally wears down.
Don't be disrespectful Gasquet is 12 in the world at 19, he's not a fluke and he's very talented...

Reactions: howardean

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
TenHound said:
A very good point. Gasquet wouldn't have stood a chance of winning with his passive, reactive game if Federer hadn't been physically below-par. Those umpteen forehand and backhand winners straight off the return and off the ground, including on matchpoint, were obviously winners because Federer's feet were no longer getting him to the ball. Sad.

Reactions: d_b_prince

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also Nadal has very good numbers despite his young age:

1) 24 matches unbeaten streak (if he had skipped grass court season it
could be 40!!!)
2) 8 matches unbeaten streak on finals which is close to previous record
set by Borg and JMac (still counting...)
3) 36 matches unbeaten streak on clay (still counting...)
4) 9 matches unbeaten streak on clay court finals. He hasn't lost a clay
court final yet (still counting...)

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Sjengster said:
A very good point. Gasquet wouldn't have stood a chance of winning with his passive, reactive game if Federer hadn't been physically below-par. Those umpteen forehand and backhand winners straight off the return and off the ground, including on matchpoint, were obviously winners because Federer's feet were no longer getting him to the ball. Sad.
bla bla bla

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Hee hee...

·
Registered
930 Posts
TenHound said:
If Roger is tired and he loses that's his fault. Being tired is no excuse to lose. Almost everyone in the tour is tired with their schedule and Roger does not even play every week. The one thing that really pisses me of when I watch tennis matches is when those commentators attribute Federer's difficult matches to him being rusty and explanations that will not blemish the divinely pure talent of the great ROGER FEDERER. This of course leave no credit to his opponent. The press would then ask the opponent 'How in the world you made the match to difficult for Federer?' The opponent would then bow to the haloed Federer and say "Federer had a bad day". "He was so rusty I could have use WD-40 on him".

And why would he even be mentally tired I thought he's the king of that mental thing. Everyone has a bad day,You Federer fans-the leech of his success-should be happy that it does not happen to him to often. And about his feet bothering him too much at AO. He should have called me, I could have amputate them for free.

Reactions: howardean

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Federer after that match against Gasquet: "But, you know, he played good, you know, when it mattered. He could have closed it out earlier."

"Well, I couldn't quite understand the way he was playing. You know, in the beginning he was rather pushing the ball. In the second, he was just hitting clean winners all the time. And to do that on a regular basis, I find it very hard, you know. But you don't get those players very much anymore, you know."

"You just don't face opponents like this these days. I guess this was a little unusual for me. You know, he played great in the second set, in the beginning of the third. Really played into this zone where you had the feeling there was no more you could do, you know."

"But I wouldn't say, you know, my return was bad today. It was just all right, you know. Same as the rest of my game."

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Chloe le Bopper said:
Is Sjengter's sarcasm really that hard to pick up??
I find it particularly ironic that a Frenchman cannot detect the irony in my post.

·
Registered
930 Posts
TenHound said:
If Roger is tired and he loses that's his fault. Being tired is no excuse to lose. Almost everyone in the tour is tired with their schedule and Roger does not even play every week. The one thing that really pisses me of when I watch tennis matches is when those commentators attribute Federer's difficult matches to him being rusty and explanations that will not blemish the divinely pure talent of the great ROGER FEDERER. This of course leave no credit to his opponent. The press would then ask the opponent 'How in the world you made the match to difficult for Federer?' The opponent would then bow:worship: to the haloed Federer and say "Federer had a bad day". "He was so rusty I could have use WD-40 on him".

And why would he even be mentally tired I thought he's the king of that mental thing. Everyone has a bad day,You Federer fans-the leech of his success-should be happy that it does not happen to him to often. :wavey:.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Sjengster said:
I find it particularly ironic that a Frenchman cannot detect the irony in my post.
I got it Sjengster, don't worry, it is for other people who said what you say without irony. Some on this board say it was not a legitimate win, which is sad indeed ;)
Chloe don't jump on that please, thanks

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
yomike said:
If Roger is tired and he loses that's his fault. Being tired is no excuse to lose. Almost everyone in the tour is tired with their schedule and Roger does not even play every week. The one thing that really pisses me of when I watch tennis matches is when those commentators attribute Federer's difficult matches to him being rusty and explanations that will not blemish the divinely pure talent of the great ROGER FEDERER. This of course leave no credit to his opponent. The press would then ask the opponent 'How in the world you made the match to difficult for Federer?' The opponent would then bow:worship: to the haloed Federer and say "Federer had a bad day". "He was so rusty I could have use WD-40 on him".

And why would he even be mentally tired I thought he's the king of that mental thing. Everyone has a bad day,You Federer fans-the leech of his success-should be happy that it does not happen to him to often. :wavey:.
Clever work there to remove that classy gem at the end of your post - which, for the benefit of others, said "Why did he complain about his feet at the AO, he should have come to me, I could have amputated them for free. :wavey: "

1 - 20 of 53 Posts