Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently there is a thread on nalbandian's chances on AO GS 2008
nobody speaks about Fed's chances:
let consider it here:
already four years Fed is nr1, with top chances in any tournaments
however not in the end of 2007

what happened? was he tired? or Dave played really better?
i don't know for sure...
i think his chances for AO 2008 are 50 - 50...

what you can tell?

·
Banned
18,599 Posts
federer 50 percent
nadal 16 percent
nalbandian 16 percent
djokovic 16 percent
hewitt 1 percent
roddick 1 percent

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
The decline has to begin somewhere :shrug:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I would say his chance of winning the Australian are very good. Not only is he one of the greatest players ever and a candidate for GOAT, but he also seems to have that extra gear in the grand slams. Its the beginning of the tennis season, so he will be fresh and ready to let rip.
The decline will start sometime, as Volandrifan said, but somehow I doubt now.

·
Registered
535 Posts
1:128 right now, as we don't know the draw right now. :angel:
Sorry, but you know that's not true regardless of the draw.

To answer the question, Fed has a better shot than anyone but I feel this is going to be a very tough year for Fed. I think a lot of younger players are going to step up this year and Fed's utter dominance won't last forever.

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
Federer's chances are better than anyone else's, maybe also better than in previous years. The surface is going to be faster, his motivation really high (he's got a chance for the golden slam and he wants to break Sampras' record as soon as possible) and there's no reason to expect that he'll show up in anything less than top physical form.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Sorry, but you know that's not true regardless of the draw.

To answer the question, Fed has a better shot than anyone but I feel this is going to be a very tough year for Fed. I think a lot of younger players are going to step up this year and Fed's utter dominance won't last forever.
Actually she should have said : his odds are 1:127 to make it mathematically correct.

However considering who this guys is I would say his odds of winning are higher regardless of the draw.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
What are his chances? He's still the biggest favourite, no matter how good Nalbandian can be. He's already shown that he can defeat Dave even in slams on different surfaces

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Man I read the surface is slower than last year. I think that's a shot in their feet. However, Hewitt, who asked all the time for faster surface, liked it. Weird huh?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts