Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I think my life goes into the direction I want it to, something unexpected happens threatening to destroy everything. I have just completed my studies here in the UK waiting for my results. I really want to stay here and find a job to experience life in England for a certain period.

My mother once suggested that to me and if I was a bit sceptical in the beginning, I learned to like living in the UK and meanwhile I am really enthusiastic about staying here. A certain person and my wish to get to know this person better plays an important role in all that as well.

However, my mother once told me about a woman working for the Lufthansa, a German airline, who she had met and gotten to know a bit better. She asked me whether she could or should ask that woman whether she knew about a job possibility for me. I agreed as having a few options is never bad.

Today my mother called me again and told me that she had talked to that woman again and surprise, surprise, she is intending to hire people to work at the airport in Düsseldorf, Germany. This woman would hire me without knowing me at all. My job would be to check in people for their flights. The job would start on August, 8 and beforehand some initial training would be given. Therefore I would already have to be in Düsseldorf on July, 15.

My mother said it would be my decision but I know her. She would get back on me if I decided to stay in the UK and refused that offer. She said she would ask that woman for further information on the job. I should think about it for about a week and then tell her what I wanted to do. She said she knows that I want to stay in the UK and this might not be a job for a lifetime. Okay, we all know that these jobs are no longer on the market. You have to be flexible today.

I already had a job interview with an employment agency in the city I want to live here in the UK. They seemed to be keen on hiring me but need my National Insurance Number at first. I went to an interview for that one and now have to wait about 2 – 3 weeks before I get that number. Another employment agency called me following my application and they will contact me again soon. I am currently still applying for other suitable jobs of course. Two companies sent me a message they had to give the jobs I had applied for to other candidates but as they liked my applications they wanted to keep them for future vacancies.

My studies are over for about 2 weeks now. This means I obviously had not much time to even look for anything.

Pro the job in Germany: Earning money, having a job
Contra the job in Germany: Being unhappy, wanting to stay in the UK, this certain person

Maybe this sounds a bit snobbish but I haven’t studied a management degree to ask people whether they had packed their suitcases themselves…

I absolutely don’t know what to do. I like living in the UK. I obviously could have work in the city I want to live here soon and there is this certain person who also lives there. I need time to get to know that certain someone to find out whether we could have a future together…

Tears running down my face just while writing all this down….

·
Registered
100,161 Posts
follow ur heart, u're young and u'll have time for follow the "money", but only u know the answer, it's ur life :D :kiss:

·
Registered
94 Posts
You have to do what really you like, because life there is the alone one.
And as said Betty follow to your heart :yeah: :hug:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
:wavey:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts