Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Ace Loveforty
83,392 Posts
qualified for Lyon MD beating Hoang and Lamasine
not the toughest draw considering the RG qualies starting soon but still good achievement

·
Ace Loveforty
83,392 Posts
no, the hard way is the better way

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would like for him to qualify for next generation Milan tournament. That would mean that an Italian won’t get a wild card in order to compete in the tournament.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Would be really nice if he could get through Jarry, then we would already see the second matchup between 17 yo Sinner and Tsitsipas. Will be hard enough though, Jarry is a solid player.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Would be really nice if he could get through Jarry, then we would already see the second matchup between 17 yo Sinner and Tsitsipas. Will be hard enough though, Jarry is a solid player.

Actually, Sinner already played against Tsitsipas one month ago in the second of the ATP of Rome and lost in straight sets.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Actually, Sinner already played against Tsitsipas one month ago in the second of the ATP of Rome and lost in straight sets.
Yeah I know that's why I wrote second matchup. Would be quite funny when the 17 yo prospect and like 200th in the world plays the probably most talented next gen player on tour twice in this short of a period. Still think Stef would win the game again no problem, but those are important matches for the talents.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Unfortunately Sinner lost in straight sets vs Garín, despite playing a really good first set and also breaking the chilean in his first serve game and being up 3:0. Should have really won the first, after that Garín stepped up his game and the young Sinner was a bit nervous...
Onto the next one. :yeah:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yep, lost to Jarry, but that's not a bad loss at all, especially at his age.

He's one of those players that I personally expect a lot of. Met him at the MC practises where he was playing alongside Domi and other top guys and was impressed to see the consistency of his play.

However, what impressed me most was his mindset. Such a bright, sensible, mature and thoughtful guy - something you wouldn't expect right away from someone of his age. Further, didn't seem to be too nice for his own good, like Domi for instance often does.

I wish him lots of good things in the future, and I actually told him that he reminded me of a young Andy Murray, which he took as a compliment - again a sign of maturity to me, to be honest.

·
Registered
506 Posts
As a clarification: the above is coming from a die-hard fan of Andy.

Yes, his play can be a bit boring at times, but it's almost always clever, and yes, he can be a complete child on court at times, but he's just showing his emotions out there for all of us to see.

In the end he's as real as they come and more, as dry as they come and more, and probably the most genuine and kind-hearted fella pro tennis has ever seen.

·
MONSOON season.
81,403 Posts
Only saw the second set against Jarry, but Sinner was totally outplayed. Many errors and a weak serve. He must have done a lot better in that first set, so I'm sad I came at the wrong time.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
This would make a great thread in the player's forum area of the forum. I'm only sorry that it has to be posted here to get any activity in it :sad: I have only seen Jannik play one time on TV. I enjoyed the match and I must confess he also reminded me of Andy Murray of who I am a long time fan. It may have been more about the hair than the playing style? I'm not really sure which :lol: :p

·
Registered
506 Posts
This would make a great thread in the player's forum area of the forum. I'm only sorry that it has to be posted here to get any activity in it :sad: I have only seen Jannik play one time on TV. I enjoyed the match and I must confess he also reminded me of Andy Murray of who I am a long time fan. It may have been more about the hair than the playing style? I'm not really sure which :lol: :p
If you ask me, I think it's the hair, tall & lean physique, movement (partially caused by the physique) and also just a bit of that playing style all combined that build up the resemblance - and by this I mean Andy in his teens (his physique changed quite a bit while Jez Green joined the team).

I also agree with you on that this may not be the right place to post threads like this, but I guess we'll not get that much attention for Jannik at the player's forums (none of the players get much attention there, leave alone players outside top 100, if I'm not mistaken).

1 - 20 of 101 Posts