Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nieminen def. Beck 6-4 2-6 7-5 0-6 7-5 :worship: :worship: :worship:

Great comeback from Jarkko! He had lost 10 games in a row and was down 0-4 in the fifth! Beck also led 5-2 before Jarkko won the last 5 games. I'm so happy for Jarkko! :banana: :aparty:

In the second round Jarkko will play either Phau or Popp. He should beat either of them IMO.

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Well Done Jarkko!!! :yippee:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Good job Jarkko :yeah:

And Beck - You're doing your best to push the title Zib currently holds for biggest choker on the tour, a couple more of these and you could snatch the title :p

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Jarkko :banana:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Incredible and extreme up-and-down rollercoaster in the 4th and 5th set of this match. I could hardly believe it.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
:eek: I left the SB at 5-2 in the 5th...
What a choke from Beck!

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Deivid23 said:
:hatoff: Mr. Nieminen
We are on a roll today aren't we? :wavey:

·
Registered
26,099 Posts
JARKKO always knows how to top his latest performances. In Stuttgart he did it twice, then in Sopot against Almagro and now he did it again and that was even better than against Varlet 2003, when he was 1-6 1-6 1-4 down and won. :woohoo:

Maybe Beck had cramps, at least Jarkko won almost every point at the end as he did against Agassi this year.

Many thanks to the man, who is now 8-3 in 5-setters, Jarkko "the legend" Nieminen!

·
Registered
26,099 Posts
I want to mention again that it was the third time within 6 weeks that Jarkko won a match, although his opponent was serving for the match + he won against Melzer from 2-4 down.

:worship:

Still no news about Beck, whether he had cramps or not? I mean Jarkko finished the match with 21-5 points or so when he was 2-5 down. :cool:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
The shark bites again, too bad he has such a weak 2nd serve and his backhand could improve, he has a big chance to do well here.

Heia Nieminen.

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
I watched most of the match including the 5th set. No cramps from Beck except a giant braincramp. He just totally lost the ability to get the ball in the court. Great fighting spirit from Nieminen but Beck really lost this.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
Go Jarkko! Pretend it is 2003 again! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts