Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Raonic 1st set 1-0 and 3 bps cord, error, error, 1-1 30-0 absolute sitter straight in the net, double fault, cord, winner from Krajinovic.
Always good when the player with actual weapons wins.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Milos was good in the second and third sets. Missed the first set.
Kraj was zoning all the way until serving for the match, first set was great too. Botnic mucked up two points in the break game but winning from 30-30 is still routine for him, great 2nd serve returns from Krajinovic to get the break.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Poor Krajinovic. He really tried. Had so many chances in the 3rd set, only for all of them to be gone with Raonic’s botting. Must be so frustrating to play against the bots. Should have tried to close it out in 2 though.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I remember the fun people were making out of Milos' new appearance at Diego's Insta pic, and couldn't help but laugh at that myself as well, thinking he might be done, for a while at least.

But no, right at the beginning of the Cincy I saw a very sharp Milos - with what looked like a hideously & horrifically humorous new hairstyle with a headband made out of the scarf that's right on trend again after the 90's. Couldn't quite decide what to make out of all that.

But now he continues to play well day after day, looking tremendously focused & determined.
Let's see if he can make it to the final with this game and attitude.

And never mind the extra belly fat. All it seems to do is give him some extra confidence. A really clever guy if he just turned all that mockery into determination and will to win.

Filip was playing just fine, but couldn't make it when it mattered.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Damn what a tough match. Props to Raonic for pullin it out. Good one against Tittypas next and can’t wait to see it.

·
Premium Member
20,709 Posts
The raccoon (Rao-****?) that's been visiting the site was good luck for Milos (raccoons are abundant in Toronto). :p

Krajinovic looked like he could do no wrong then kind of crumbled... weird.

418 Posts
This match crystallizes Filip's career in a nutshell. As otherworldly as he could look at times there's a reason why he's won less career titles (0.0) than the likes of Taro Daniel & Mirza Basic.(Next to Edmund he's the biggest bottler on tour.) 🍼

·
Registered
14,045 Posts
Krajinovic was in an absolute zone for most of this match. Basically up until the time he served for the 2nd. He was still good after that, but he flinched on the big points and Milos stayed pretty steady throughout. Good match and good win.

It sounds like they're postponing the matches tomorrow so he'll also have a day off for Friday as well.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
It was a good match, but I wanted Krajinovic to win more - 2nd set he flopped

·
24,109 Posts
The raccoon (Rao-****?) that's been visiting the site was good luck for Milos (raccoons are abundant in Toronto). :p

Krajinovic looked like he could do no wrong then kind of crumbled... weird.
He's a reccuring racoon, I guess. ;)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
What a huge choke. That said, from what I watched the quality was really, really good, best match of the tournament so far.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Raonic saved the MP playing such a gutsy point. Not a fan of his tennis, but he's always seemed such a quiet and likeable guy, as opposed to his next rival. Hope he can take The Greek Diva out again.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Damn, feel sorry for Krajinovic, he really played well all tournament.
Hope he can continue to bring it to USO as well.

Reactions: hammett
1 - 20 of 27 Posts