Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:scratch: Why Rosie has not started this thread? :scratch:

Well, Mariano has played only once in Cincinnati and he lost to Henman in R32 in 2000.
He might face Moya again in R16 :confused: so that could be pretty exciting (though in that case I would not bet Mariano beating Carlos again)

We'll see!!! :bounce:

Please Mariano, keep surprising us!!!!

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:lol: End of story. Mariano lost to Ginepri 6-7/1-6 so......
OMG I cursed him by starting this thread :rolls:

Reactions: Choupi

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Oh, Denaon, don't say that... ;)
I found a pic of Mariano: Argentina's Mariano Puerta hits a backhand against USA's Robby Ginepri during the first round of the Cincinnati Masters tournament Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2005 in Mason, Ohio.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Daniel, you didn't curse him! I've seen a big part of the match...well, thanks to those terrible rain dealys. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had any chance as Mathieu was playing at the same time.

Mariano has made a lot of unforced errors, especially at the beginning of the 1st set. And Ginepri was playing good. Breaking Mariano has brought him even more confidence and he made risky shots which have been rewarding. Mariano has fought to come back and finally pushed Ginepri to the tie-break. But the 2nd set has begun as the 1st one had. Sometimes, I had the impression that Mariano was hitting the ball without knowing what he wanted to do with it. It was really strange. He seemed a bit lost. It's never easy to play the 1st match of a tourney after having had great results in the previous one.

He can rest now, for the USO...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts