Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did any one else noticed that after Werner Eschauer made his first ATP final ever, which was in mid-July, he went the entire rest of the season without winning a single match! He's lost 10 matches in a row now. It's sort of sad, I was really hoping he would continue his breakthrough. I don't know much about the guy, but it was kind of cool that at age 33 he finally broke the top 100 for the 1st time this year.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Go Eschauer in Australia

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Apparently he came from a really poor family, and I'm a sucker for those type of stories. :eek:

·
29,289 Posts
I posted this a couple days ago in another thread.

If you look, 3 of these losses were on clay to low ranked players. His 6 losses are on hardcourts cant really be blamed, hes not a hardcourter and he lost to decent players.

The loss that hurts the most is losing to Andre Sa on carpet :help:

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
I saw werner destroy moya on clay a few months ago.

Good player on his day.

His involvement in the match fixing saga probs has not helped either.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
I posted this a couple days ago in another thread.

If you look, 3 of these losses were on clay to low ranked players. His 6 losses are on hardcourts cant really be blamed, hes not a hardcourter and he lost to decent players.

The loss that hurts the most is losing to Andre Sa on carpet :help:
It's not because i'm Brazilian, but there's nothing wrong with this loss.

Sá is a former #55 in the world in 2002. Now he's dedicating into doubles, being semi-finalist in Wimby and QF in the US Open with fellow Brazilian Marcelo Melo. Carpet and hard have always been the best surfaces for Andre, who has a great return of serve. This year he was very close to beat Karlovic in Indy, sad that he choked when serving for match :sad:

Also, i saw this match, Andre played really well, he did some really nice shots.

This was definetely not the loss that hurts the most.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Look, in 2002 André Sá lost in the QF of Wimbledon to Henman in 4 sets, after defeating Feliciano Lopez in 4 sets, a trull grass player. Other achievements in that year were a 3 set loss to Roddick in Memphis (5-7 6-4 6-3) and a loss to Safin in Moscow, CARPET [7-6(3) 4-6 7-5].

In 2001 he had his best result in Hong Kong, reaching the semi-final after defeating Roddick, Kratochvil and Bjorkman.

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts