Mens Tennis Forums banner

Were slams in 2011 most homoganizated ever?

• Yes

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 14.6%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about this? They have been many talks about homogenization of surfaces in generall, but what do you think about slams this year? RG with new quicker balls- in sunny hot conditions very fast clay event and USO- which used to be fastest slam recently was slower than ever. Actually it looked like there is almost no diffrence in term of surface speed- i know weather, balls, bounce and other things influenced speed of rallies or speed of courts, but was this 2011 in term of slams most similar surfaces speed ever?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yes, but does it even matter? Any one even with a minimum of intelligence knows that tennis died incontrovertibly the day Nadal first won Wimbledon. As pathetic as Djokovic and the current status of the surfaces are, tennis can never recover from the humiliation of Nadal's win.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
man, fed bitches never stop whining :yawn:

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
I certainly hope they don't fuck up the paint at the U.S. Open next year.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I certainly hope they don't fuck up the paint at the U.S. Open next year.
If it happens again, I'd say there is enough proof that this year's ridiculously slow surface wasn't a 'mistake', but actually done ON PURPOSE.
(for what reason I still can't get)

It's a bloody shame.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
If it happens again, I'd say there is enough proof that this year's ridiculously slow surface wasn't a 'mistake', but actually done ON PURPOSE.
(for what reason I still can't get)

It's a bloody shame.
I just can't imagine their doing it on purpose. One thing you can say for the USTA - they like to give their home players a chance.

·
Premium Member
21,530 Posts
Novak in last two finals:

Wimbledon: 27 winners, 12 UEs
USO: 55 winners, 51 UEs

USO did look slow, but still twice as many winners :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
When 25-shot rallies become the norm at Wimbledon and the US Open instead of an oddity, then yes, the surface no longer matters. It's as though they've taken the lightning-fast courts at SW19 and Flushing Meadows and put them in a giant meat-grinder with the dirt from Roland Garros and whatever-it-is they play on in Oz, flipped a switch, and out came the glop they played on this year accounting for dead-boring tennis.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Thank God they're finally killing the most grueling display in tennis: the acefest-and-S&V boredom of Wimbledon in the '90s. Hope that idiotic period of the tennis history will NEVER repeat.

·
29,645 Posts
Thank God they're finally killing the most grueling display in tennis: the acefest-and-S&V boredom of Wimbledon in the '90s. Hope that idiotic period of the tennis history will NEVER repeat.
I don't believe you even knew tennis existed then never mind watched it.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
What about the time Rod Lever took his CYGS when all four were played on grass

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
This thread is ****

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
The fact that Djokovic and Nadal were in the Wimbledon final is a clear distinction that the surface are more homogenized than ever.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
homoganizated?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts