Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the last couple of nights, tonight sure is a let down. First Mauresmo now Blake. Why didn't they put the Agassi match tonight :confused: When James Blake is smoking someone, it's a really pathetic match.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
mangoes said:
After the last couple of nights, tonight sure is a let down. First Mauresmo now Blake. Why didn't they put the Agassi match tonight :confused: When James Blake is smoking someone, it's a really pathetic match.
I think the Agassi match was dull because it was a such a servathon for Karlovic. His tempo is so slow and it was just the same thing over and over for the whole 2-1/2 hours.

I think Blake's match is exciting because of the degree of excellence Blake is showing and we know that so often in the past he hasn't been able to step up and handle big matches. Now he seems to have a level headed quality about himself that says he won't flinch at big occassions. Blake is such a nice guy, I am glad he's getting a night match.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm happy for the Blake fans. But I'm happy I didn't get tickets for the Open tonight, I'd be pissed to have bought night tickets and be treated to Mauresmo and Blake.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
agreed, but the tennis channel is smart. they are showing an amazing match of JC ferrero (when he was #1) and gaston gaudio in an amazing davis cup match from 2003!!! its so exciting!!! i dont miss the open at all.... :angel:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
It doesn't look like it's going to be all one sided any way. Andreev is picking up his level now.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
mangoes said:
Well, I'm happy for the Blake fans. But I'm happy I didn't get tickets for the Open tonight, I'd be pissed to have bought night tickets and be treated to Mauresmo and Blake.
But would you really like seeing 3 tie breaks for Agassi/Karlovic? Agassi couldn't return Karlovic well and there wasn't much to see. It was just a matter of waiting for the tie breaks.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PamV said:
But would you really like seeing 3 tie breaks for Agassi/Karlovic? Agassi couldn't return Karlovic well and there wasn't much to see. It was just a matter of waiting for the tie breaks.

I did get irritated at times with Karlovic, but it was nice to see Agassi handle him............ Of course, I had a ton of work in front of me at the time so I didn't have the time to really dwell on Karlovic. However, now that I have settled in for a great night of tennis, I get this?........... :mad:

I guess I'll go over and check out the Tennis Channel.......lolol.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
daze11 said:
agreed, but the tennis channel is smart. they are showing an amazing match of JC ferrero (when he was #1) and gaston gaudio in an amazing davis cup match from 2003!!! its so exciting!!! i dont miss the open at all.... :angel:
Yeah, next the Tennis Channel will be showing a tour of Lindsay Davenport's closet for about the 1 millionth time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts