Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this has been totally weird. When we went to the coast a few weeks back with most of the family...our son asked to spend the night in his greatgrandparents room. He had never slept away from us before, so it was a scary/sad feeling. Not because of the greatgrandparents, they're my grandparents, I used to spend the night with them all the time when I was a kid! They're great! They are a lot of fun to be with. It's just that it was scary and sad to have him away from us for the first time....but their hotel room was just a few doors away, so we decided it was actually a good time for his first sleepover. Well, last night he decides he wants to spend the night with them again. This time at their house...which is 4 miles away. I know that's close! :lol: It's hard to explain...it's just not cool having him be away. He still feels like a baby to me! Anyway, everything went fine, and now I'm sure he will be asking to do this continually....I'm also sure that it will get easier for me each time it happens...but it has been pretty hard for this first time....needless to say my husband and I didn't sleep too well last night. By the way...the reason my "mood" is smoochy, is because he is still over at the greatgrandparents house...and I can't wait to go get him, and give him a big "I missed you very much" smooch! :)

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Hey Mummy, you're gonna get used to having your son away. It's all but natural to feel the way you feel. And it's a great thing that he can spend such a time with his greatgrandparents. I mean, not all children have that luck. For instance, I've never known them, and also neither my grandfather -my father's dad-, because he had passed away before I was born. And my mum's mother died when I was very young, I can't even remember her. So, let your son cherish those moments, they're precious. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're so right Choupi. I am so thankful for my grandparents. I can't tell you how much they meant to me when I was growing up (and still do), and to think that my son gets to know them too is such a blessing. They are a very big and important part of our lives, and I'm sure I will have much more to write about them in my future blog entries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts