Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The European GP was pretty uneventful, as compared to some of the other GPs this season so far. Great to see Massa get his first podium finish - hopefully this will spur him on for more podium finishes. Second win in succession for Schumi. Good to know Alonso has opted to NOT make up his mind, who his "nearest challenger" is... Over-looking Schumacher is never a good thing - the guy doesn't hold all these records for NOTHING. Anyways, if this is what's going to spur the Ferrari team on, and get them right back on track, I'm all for it.

The Premiership season has drawn to and end, and it also spelled the end of an era for several people, as well as the Library. Oops, I mean, Highbury. Alan Shearer is retiring (finally!!!), Dennis Bergkamp and Duncan Ferguson are also quiting football. Steve Mac will be the England team boss after the WC, Alan Curbishley is taking a sabatical from football. It'll be a rather unfamiliar EPL come next season with the shuffles and whatnot. The rather worrying senario at Old Trafford, was the abrupt exit of van Nistelrooy after not being in selection for the match against Charlton. It has been a rocky few months for RVN, which sparked rumours about him leaving OT during the summer. I don't know... Giggsy seemed to have fallen out of favor at the start of this season, but he squeezed himself back in and stayed there. Every player goes through that patch - it's how you handle it that ultimately decides your fate at OT. It'd be a shame if he's going to leave, but on the other hand, Rossi is looking pretty promising.

A really bad final game for Curbishley - you've gotta feel for him, after all he's done. We needed the win, but that was an embarassing display from the Charlton side. Oh well, that's football, I guess... If you're not forced to leave from the backdoor, you are always entitled to walk out with your head held high.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts